Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: right of grandson in property  (Read 1060 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sudhir12

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
right of grandson in property
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
Hello Sir/ Madam...i have a query regarding the house which was a self made property of my father.We are 2 children of our parents. Me and my elder married sister, I was married in 1997 but it didn't work out and we separated in 2001. I got a divorce from the trial court in 2006 and she filed an appeal in the high court. The case is still pending in the high court. In the mean time before we separated, my father in the year 2000 made a registered will of the house in question and according to the will, the house would go to my elder sister. My father expired in 2005 and my wife filed a case for the share in the house on behalf of my minor son who lived with her in her maternal grandfather's home in another city. The case was decided in year 2014 and according to the decree my son had no right in the self acquired property of his grandfather as my father through his registered will had debarred me and my family from any share in his property and also it was the self acquired property of my father and not his ancestral property . My wife did not appeal for the judgement. Now my sister decided to transfer the house in the name of my mother as she being married in an affluent family and did not want any share in the house. So eventually the house now stands in the name of my mother. My mom wants to make a registered will in my favour. My query is if after my mother if the house is transferred to my name, can my son claim for the share in the house?
I'll be really obliged for the advice...

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: right of grandson in property
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »
Considering that WILL was probated in your sister's favour and she had transferred the house in question by a registered instrument. If your mother made a WILL or GIFT in your favour then during your life time your son cannot claim your property.

For further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India