A. DETAILS OF THE CASE:
1. My name is Ankur Srivastava S/O Late XXXXXXXXXXXX
Srivastava and Late Dr. (Mrs.) XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Srivastava, permanent R/O XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2. My parents Late. Jeewan Shankar Srivastava and Late Dr. (Mrs.) Shanti Srivastava passed away on 30 January 2002 and 10 May 2002 respectively when the I was only a young boy.
3. I along with his wife resides currently at the address, Flat No. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
4. I married Ms. XXXXXX (nee Mrs. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) D/O XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, R/O XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, dated 20 June 2009 in Arya Samaj Mandir, Jankipuram, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and got their marriage registered in the Office of the Registrar of Marriages at Lucknow after a month. I and my wife decided not to reveal of this marriage as the petitioner and his wife were both college students and were not financially stable. Also, since they belong to different communities of the society, I being a Hindu, Kayastha Boy and his wife being a Hindu, Rajput girl, they thought that it will be better to keep it undisclosed until we both, the petitioner and his wife complete their studies and the petitioner find a job so that he could sustain their family. By 2013 I received his Master’s Degree in International Business from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal (Central University) after completion of his Bachelor’s degree in
Biotechnology with Honours.
5. I and my wife kept this marriage a secret till 2013 until the petitioner and his wife did not complete their studies and the petitioner did not find a job to sustain his family. After the disclosure of my inter-caste marriage with Mrs. XXXXXXXXXXXXX Srivastava. I and my wife Mrs. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Srivastava are under severe threat to life. This is because of my marriage to a girl outside his caste and persistent practise of so called Honour Killing in the my native states of myself and my wife. I informed The Superintendent of Police- Gandhinagar, Gujarat, and The Superintendent of Police- Motihari, Bihar and The Senior Superintendent of Police- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. After a through enquiry the Inquiry Officer from Infocity Police Station, Sector-7, Gandhinagar, Gujarat submitted his report to the Office of The Superintendent of Police, Gandhinagar, Gujarat and found the complaint filed by the petitioner true in nature, in his reports.
6. Meanwhile, since the nature of threat to myself and my wife is of grave and imminent, I applied for an Arms License for a Non- Prohibited bore weapon for self defence under Arms Act of India 1959 vide application no. 1524100000387.
B. LIST OF DATES
i. On 04th June 2015 the I informed Superintendent of Police- Gandhinagar, Gujarat about the threat to my and my wife’s life via email
ii. On 06th of June 2015 I also send a letter to the Superintendent of Police Gandhinagar, Gujarat informing the same via speed post letter no. EG283163217IN.
iii. On 06th of June 2015 I also send a letter to the Superintendent of Police Motihari, East Champaran, Bihar informing the same via speed post letter no. EG283162976IN.
iv. On 13 June 2015 I applied for an Arms License for self protection under Arms Act of India 1959, Application no. 1524100000387.
v. On 11th July 2015 I wrote to the Superintendent of Police Gandhinagar Gujarat and The District Magistrate and Collector- Gandhinagar Gujarat vide letter no. EG283765945IN and EG283765937IN informing the gravity of the issue and requesting to process the application for the grant of Arms License for self protection, Application no. 1524100000387.
vi. On 16th of July 2015 I also informed the Senior Superintendent of Police- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh about the threats vide letter no. EG283781890IN.
vii. On 06th August 2015 I wrote a letter to the D.M. and Collector
Gandhinagar, Gujarat to remind him of the grave and imminent nature of the threat to I as well as to remind him of all the previous communication done with reference to the fast track hearing of the arms license application no. 1524100000387.
viii. On 06th of August 2015 I again wrote letters to SSP- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and S.P.- Gandhinagar, Gujarat vide letter no. EG283787478IN and EG283787464IN along with an Audio Compact Disc of the threatening phone call attached with the letter.
ix. On 14th of August I wrote a letter to the D.M. and Collector of Gandhinagar, Gujarat vide letter no. EG294685143IN reminding him of all the previous letters sent by I and requesting him to consider my application on fast track basis because of grave and imminent threat to his life.
x. On 14th of August 2015, I again wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Police- Gandhinagar, Gujarat requesting to furnish the report on urgent basis, seek by the Office of the Collector and District Magistrate, Gandhinagar, Gujarat for the grant of the Arms License with reference to the Arms License Application no. 1524100000387 Dated 13th June 2015.On 04th of October 2015, the applicant wrote an Email to Principle Secretary- Department of Home, Government of Gujarat, subject- “FW: Regarding Grave & Imminent Threat to Life and Requesting A Fast Track Hearing of Arms License Application No. 1524100000387 dated; 15/06/2015”, informing about the nature and urgency of threat.
xi. On 29th of October 2015, I sent an email to the Collector and District Magistrate of Gandhinagar, Gujarat requesting a hearing for his arms license application no. 1524100000387 quoting the Honourable Supreme Court judgement in Arumugam Servai vs State of Tamil Nadu on 19th April 2011 the Apex Court, in Para 17 of the judgement quoted as follows:
“Hence, we direct the administrative and police officials to take strong measures to prevent such atrocious acts. If any such incidents happen, apart from instituting criminal proceedings against those responsible for such atrocities, the State Government is directed to immediately suspend the District Magistrate/Collector and SSP/SPs of the district as well as other officials concerned and charge-sheet them and proceed against them departmentally if they do not (1) prevent the incident if it has not already occurred but they have knowledge of it in advance, or (2) if it has occurred, they do not promptly apprehend the culprits and others involved and institute criminal proceedings against them, as in our opinion they will be deemed to be directly or indirectly accountable in this connection."
Still there is no proceeding on my application. I feel that this is severe violation of Article 21 of the Constitution of India as well as Right to Private Defence guaranteed in IPC U/S 96-106 as well as dereliction of duty, contempt of Supreme Court of India (by ignoring its several directives regarding Honour Killings and such threats) by various public servents involved.
Please suggest how can I proceed over the subject.
Very Warm Regards,