Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Purchased a poor quality house from builder before 2 years  (Read 1251 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline siripurams

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Purchased a poor quality house from builder before 2 years
« on: October 30, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »
Hi Sir,

I have a purchased newly constructed house from a builder 2.3 years back, construction quality is poor and cracks on the walls all over the house.  Can I go to consumer court at this moment after 2 years, as I heard that we can knock the consumer court before 2 years. Builder came to us when ever we had to complain about this and he is been telling us these are all small cracks which you can repair after two years.

I would like to seek  your advice on this, how and in what way and what will I get if I go to consumer court.
And what I need to ask builder like compensation or getting the repairing work done.

Thank you very much for your advice in advance.

Satya S

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Purchased a poor quality house from builder before 2 years
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
It is true that you should have filed your case before consumer forum within 2 years from the date of purchase but now you can send a notice to the developer and ask him to repair the same at free of cost. It is very predictable that he will not repair it or bothered to answer your letter.

After the above process you can file a consumer case with a petition of Section 5 for condonation of delay. But how far your case will stand is under doubtful state.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India