Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Daughter in law wants Mutual Divorce  (Read 1594 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline prashanto

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Daughter in law wants Mutual Divorce
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:10:35 AM »
My son was married in October 2013 under the SMA, 1954. Since January 2014, he and his wife have been living separately. My daughter-in-law has given in writing that she won't stay with her husband anymore and has taken back her streedhan.

She has asked my son to send her by mail a legal draft of the joint petition to be submitted in the court. Is there any time stipulation for filing for mutual divorce? Can my son be handicapped from the legal point of view if he initiates the proceedings by mailing the legal draft to her?

Offline advbose

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 184
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Daughter in law wants Mutual Divorce
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 04:13:10 AM »
Under Section 28 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954, for dissolution of marriage by mutual consent, parties can file only after one year from the date of marriage.

Further, they have to be separated for at least a year before filing Joint petition.

Regarding mailing the legal draft I suggest your son to hand over the draft to his wife.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Daughter in law wants Mutual Divorce
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 11:42:51 PM »
It appears from you statement that couple are staying separately for more than one year so mutual divorce can be initiated. It is the best opportunity for your son to agree with the mutual divorce as proposed by your daughter in law. There is no bar to handover the mutual divorce petition to her by hand. It will take hardly 30 minutes to draft mutual divorce petition.

For further clarification and consultation in detail/ or drafting of mutual divorce petition, you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India