Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: how to transfer my grand dad's property  (Read 1414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline raghu

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
how to transfer my grand dad's property
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
My grand dad had executed a will in my dadís name to transfer a piece of land. My dad never applied for probate. he passed away in March 2015. I have one
younger sister. How can I get the property registered in my name? What are the costs involved? My sister are ready to give me a no objection certificate (NOC) for this.

Offline advJitu

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 66
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • I'm Advocate Jitu, Champion - Company law in India
    • View Profile
Re: how to transfer my grand dad's property
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »
You and your sister have to apply for letters of administration, since no probate was obtained.
Once you get that, you will all be entitled to inherit your dadís absolute share in the property.

An NOC will not be enough. Your sisters will have to execute a gift deed in your favour, transferring their undivided shares to you.

Registration of a deed of gift will attract expenses such as 0.5 per cent stamp duty and 1.1 per cent registration fees charged on the valuation of property. There would be miscellaneous expenses also, which may be included in your advocateís fees.
Advocate Jitu, Champion -
Company law expert from Mumbai City

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: how to transfer my grand dad's property
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
There is nothing to add.... Advocate Jitu has placed correct advice. I would have gave the same if he not....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:31:34 AM by adv.amarnath »

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India