Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Married in Gurdwara and Church now want divorce  (Read 948 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline alok12

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Married in Gurdwara and Church now want divorce
« on: December 03, 2015, 02:05:03 AM »
My friend is in an unusual situation.
He is Christian and his wife a Sikh

It was love marriage.

So they got married in gurudwara in 2011 march and on that very same month after 5 days again got married in Church as par his family wishes.

there marriage was not registered. nor were there any conversions both have maintained their religious status.

Now when they approached a lawyer for mutual divorce the lawyer is saying that their marriage is not valid.

until and unless it is proved that they are legally married the court cannot divorce them.

please suggest what to do.

another important thing they have a son, what is his status does the son become illegitimate?

Offline advbanani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • Accident Claim and Cheating cases
    • View Profile
Re: Married in Gurdwara and Church now want divorce
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:26:06 AM »
file for mutual divorce see what the judge say if the marriage evidences presented by you is rejected by court , than let the court pronounce your marriage as void. and pass a judgment as to your child's legal status.

you have to file an application only than will an outcome will happen
Adv.Banani Mukherjee"
Jodhpur High Court
Accident Claim and Cheating cases

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Married in Gurdwara and Church now want divorce
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 06:06:06 AM »
usually marriages done in churches are registered by the church authorities through the procedure they adopt and so there is no doubt about the legality of the you both can jointly file a petition  for mutual divorce.the child is perfectly legtimate even if the marriage is no need to worry


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India