Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Relationship problem with sister and bro-in-law  (Read 1252 times)

Offline TruthAlwaysWins

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Relationship problem with sister and bro-in-law
« on: December 05, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »
Hi,

I am having problems with my sister and bro-in-law. I am a male. I work in a reputed software company. My sister is an abusive and temperamental person. She has been abusing and insulting me with expletives right from childhood. All through these years before her marriage, my parents and myself forgave her thinking that she was immature and would change after marriage. But this behaviour of hers continued even after her marriage.

When she got married, her current husband (my bro-in-law) was not fully satisfied with her looks. Yet he married her. Later, they both started abusing me and threatening me. My bro-in-law joined hands with my sister and started insulting me and abusing me. One of the reasons was the feedback my sister gave about me to him. The second was dissatisfaction with my sister itself. The third was jealousy towards me.

During one of these provocations from my bro-in-law, I reacted. It caused a huge fight and he even walked out of the house asking my parents to keep their daughter. During the verbal fight, he openly threatened me of dire consequences if I react to him in any way. He even said that apart from slapping me and getting me slapped by his henchmen and other family members, he blackmailed that he will leave my sister and go.

I have old-age parents at home. I kept quiet thinking that any reaction for his verbal and gestural provocation might cause them mental distress. I kept putting up with this menace and tolerating it. Later I got married. During the marriage ceremony, my bro-in-law and sister tried to sabotage my marriage. They started to provocate me during the marriage, percolate false information about me. My bro-in-law used to speak disrespectfully to my wife in front of me.

Because of all this, my marriage broke. Due to the constant interference, and also domestic discord. All these years I have been keeping quiet. I have come to realize that my bro-in-law and sis have been doing this because of mixed feelings - feelings of insecurity, jealousy towards me and want of domination.

I now seek help from the lawyer community as to what I need to do. I want to understand whether if I file a police complaint against them if it will affect my current employment at a prestigious software company.

Offline advkartik

• Veteran at Law
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship problem with sister and bro-in-law
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 09:23:58 PM »
change your city take up a job in a new place away from your sister and brother in law.
and don't let them know your whereabouts that will be sufficient.

Offline TruthAlwaysWins

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 11:09:32 PM »
Thanks for your reply. This is not a feasible solution, and not a long-term one. My only question is that if I file a police complaint, will it be counter-productive to me at my current employment. This is my main question. Thanks again.

Offline advkartik

• Veteran at Law
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 11:16:43 PM »
you have stated that if you take action your brother in law will leave your sister.

as for your job being affected, there is no connection here, so there is no chance your job will be affected.

but when you file a police complaint as counter they will also file a complaint.

be sure it won't be one way.

when matters are related to family it is best to avoid litigation because court also will direct you to mediation and solve the matter amicably.

Offline TruthAlwaysWins

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »
Hi, if I file police complaint, and if he leaves my sister, it is not my problem at all at this point. I don't want to have any kind of relationship with my sister as well. I am only safeguarding my interests. And rightfully so, because I am a victim of bad-tempered, abusive, and criminally-conspiring people.

If he leaves my sister, it is her problem, and she will have to figure it out. But as far as I am concerned, I don't want to have any contact with him or her. Many times I have told her that I don't want any connection with them.

If I file police complaint, and if they file counter-complaint, will it have an impact on my job? And if yes, how will my company come to know about it?

Offline TruthAlwaysWins

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 09:14:35 AM »
Hi, if I file police complaint, and if he leaves my sister, it is not my problem at all at this point. I don't want to have any kind of relationship with my sister as well. I am only safeguarding my interests. And rightfully so, because I am a victim of bad-tempered, abusive, and criminally-conspiring people.

If he leaves my sister, it is her problem, and she will have to figure it out. But as far as I am concerned, I don't want to have any contact with him or her. Many times I have told her that I don't want any connection with them.

If I file police complaint, and if they file counter-complaint, will it have an impact on my job? And if yes, how will my company come to know about it?

My complaint is simple - my bro-in-law and sis should not contact me or come to my house...is this possible?

Offline TruthAlwaysWins

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India