Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Cheque bounce notice - How to defend argument that notice not receiced  (Read 1987 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ramki2015

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Sometimes one needs to send a formal notice to the concerned by Register AD. Say in case of cheque bounced due to insufficient funds.

While there is proof of sending and acknowledgement, there is no real proof that the envelop contained the intended information. The other party can claim in the court that they did receive the Register AD envelop but it did not contain anything inside.

How this can be defended / mitigated by the petitioner?

Offline advpriyaanand

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: +1/-1
  • Advocate Priya Anand, madras High Court
    • View Profile
the court will simply ask you to give a copy in court thats all.
Advocate Priya Anand,
Learned Counsel
Madras High Court

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
The petitioner need not put the letter inside  a sealed cover in front of a witness and send the same by registered letter with ack due.

It is presumed in law that the petitioner did send the notice to the defendant if the petitioner submits the copy of the payment receipt to the post office  along with ack due duly signed by the defendant.

As a lawyer we come across cases wherein the defendant(in almost 70% of cases) state that they received an empty cover but not the notice demanding payments.

But such claims are always ignored by the courts and the courts will say now that proceedings have commenced, we will give you 30 days to prepare your counter.
Rajgopal Sripathi


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India