Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Is sale of business in rental premises possible in this case ?  (Read 324 times)

Offline rakesh1971

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Is sale of business in rental premises possible in this case ?
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »
Here is my situation, which is tricky.

Father started a business in 1969 in a tenanted premises in Pune, Maharashtra. After his death, I inherited the premises and business. Landlord has refused to transfer rent receipt to my name (earlier it was in my father's name) and wants me to surrender premises and leave. Rental agreement clearly mentions my fathers' heirs (which is only me) as party to the agreement. Business documents have been transferred in my name. There is no option to move the business to any other premises and I am not in a position to run the business myself.

Objective: I have found a willing buyer and want to sell the business in a single transaction and leave altogether

Question: Is there a legal way to sell my business (along with the right to use the premises) to another interested buyer ? Note that landlord will not transfer rent receipt in the buyer's name. I was told there is an option to get into a partnership with this buying party with myself as a sleeping partner to avoid running foul of the rental agreement. However that option carries some risks and I want to get out of the business altogether.

Are there other options like goodwill sale, release deed etc. that will let me get out of this situation and the buyer can take over the business and continue to use the premises without trouble from the landlord ?

Thanks !!

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India