Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Getting the possession letter and regarding the quality of the flat.  (Read 535 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline akhileshbadhri

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hello,

I bought a flat from a small builder at Kalher, Bhiwandi in 2011 - 2012. Also now it has been almost 2 years since I registered the flat on my name. I paid 98% of the total flat price to the builder. The remaining 2%, I will be be paying while taking the possession letter and other final documents related to the flat from the builder. On the builder's demand, I paid additional amount for work related to electricity meter, tax receipts and drinking water connection. The work in this building is not complete yet. The tax receipts and the drinking water connection for all the flats in the building is still pending. But we were in need of this flat very urgently so, we shifted to live in this flat by verbally informing the builder. But we want all the work of the building, tax receipts and drinking water connection to be complete as soon as possible. I hesitate in taking some legal action as I think staying in a flat without a possession letter is illegal. Also the work done by this builder is not of good quality. Specially, the fittings in bathroom and the electricity boards are of bad quality.

So, I wish to ask the following:
Is there a way I can put some pressure on the builder and get the final documents from him?
Can I ask for a warranty of the work the builder has done in my flat ?


Thanks,
Akhilesh.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1227
  • Karma: +52/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the possession letter and regarding the quality of the flat.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »
Without getting possession letter , you should not have registered your flat. This was your mistake and when you have taken possession without possession letter, it is another mistake for claiming repair or poor quality of fittings and fixtures.

You have to file consumer case for registration of flat.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline akhileshbadhri

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Getting the possession letter and regarding the quality of the flat.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:07:09 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sir. The building was under construction when I bought this flat. So, the registration was done to take
a home loan for this flat.
Could you tell me the consequences of staying in a flat without the posession letter ?
Also any other solution to this problem ?

Thanks.

 

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941
 

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India