Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Samruddhi Sunshine builder not refunding money post 2 years  (Read 436 times)

Offline Abhay

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Samruddhi Sunshine builder not refunding money post 2 years
« on: December 31, 2015, 05:45:02 AM »
I had booked flat in Dec-2012 at Samruddhi Sunshine project Bangalore . Due to personal reasons I had to cancel the booking in March 2014. I had promptly made payments as per the timelines in the agreement until cancellation.

Upon carefully scrutinizing the sale and construction agreement signed, we found the below two clauses worth mentioning --

Cancellation clause:
It is categorically agreed between the parties to this agreement that this agreement is irrevocable and in case of the second party/purchaser defaulting the payments in the manner stipulated here under or in the event of the purchaser rescinding this agreement either due to nonperformance or due to the breach of the terms and conditions, the first party in their discretion shall refund to the purchaser such sums of money received from him without interest however after deducting the expenses from the apartment cost towards liquidated damages apart from recovering the expenses incurred for re conveyance of the said apartment to third parties.

Arbitration clause:
The parties agree that in case of any dispute arising in respect of this agreement the matter shall be referred to arbitration of an arbitrator in consonance with the provisions of the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996. the sole arbitrator shall be appointed by the second party and the decision of such arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the parties hereto.
After almost 2 years we were told that the builder has confirmed via mail that a prospective buyer has been found and refunded 50% of my money back. For the balance 50%, we have been asked for an indefinite wait without any timelines and also told(by the builder) that they would file a criminal case for cancellation against us if we are taking a legal route.

Now all of a sudden there is no response from them and we are being threatened that repeated requests might lead to cancellation of agreement with the new buyer and an indefinite wait again !

Our doubts are:

1. Does the cancellation clause mean that we will be refunded only after the builder finds a prospective buyer for our flat? Cant the builder provide the amount from his firm and not wait until the prospective client pays him ? Can the above cancellation clause be challenged in court .
2. Does this clause mean that the builder can decide on the amount he can deduct as penalty? if so then can it be any percentage of amount? Also since we have been given 50% of money post 2 years, can I claim interest and harassment charges against the builder.
3. Does this clause in any sense state that there is no time limit for refund?
4. Does the arbitration clause mean that we cant approach the consumer court? or any court for that matter?
5. What is the weightage that my case has when approaching a court If so which court should I approach.
6. Please suggest next steps .

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India