Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Did you faced issue dealing with property builder??

1 (100%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Refund from Builder after Booking Cancellation!!  (Read 602 times)

Offline junaid.khan.007

• Newlaw
  • Law abiding Indian!!
    • View Profile
Refund from Builder after Booking Cancellation!!
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »

I booked a flat in Sept 2012 in Noida extension by paying 10% in cash and next 10% in Nov 2012 by cheque. Got letter from builder that construction got halted (due to common farmer dispute) and never got any communication after that. When I enquired I found that booking got cancelled due to non payment, whereas I never got any communication from builder.

I do not have any receipt  or documentation other than initial welcome letters and letters for requesting 2nd instalment.

As per my records I paid 6+ lakhs but in thier records employees of builder reconfirmed my details of initial 2 payments total of 5+lakhs, but never gave me any written document for the same.

Whenever I requested for refund their employees says as per company policy we are not processing any refunds for now.

But with an exception in last 4 months employees from builder team have contacted me and wanted me to use that amount to book in fresh project.

I wanted refund, although I have done plenty of mistakes.... Can any of you among the law experts help me out and suggest what should I do ??

I am due to meet builder nominated employee this week. I wanted to take actions based on you legal experts this time!!!!
We shall overcome someday!!!

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Refund from Builder after Booking Cancellation!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
Your dispute has reached into maturity stage. So, you have to send a letter to the developer via registered post asking him to refund the entire money with 18% interest to you within 10 days  with compensation of Rs.100000/-. After that you can file a compliant case before consumer forum.

For further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline junaid.khan.007

• Newlaw
  • Law abiding Indian!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »

Thanks for your positive response and advice. I will give you a call to discuss further.

Have few follow-up queries though where law experts like you can help:
- Should I accept any in-person meetings with builder's representatives (employees)
   - if yes, should I make a verbal request to them for refund to get their recent response
- So far I have never send any official letter or request to them requesting for refund as I didn't had receipt of 2 instalments paid. Should I try to seek some kind of documentation from them of the payments to strengthen my case, before I send them a legal notice??

Eagerly awaiting an expert legal opinion!!!

With Warm Regards,
+91 8447714839
We shall overcome someday!!!

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 05:21:26 AM »
File a case in District Consumer Forum to claim your booking amount with interest and also compensation for mental agony/harassment and litigation cost.

M.Bhadra,advocate at Kolkata,9836589246

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India