Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Transfer Property from Grandfather to Daughter and Grandson ( POA & Deed Gift )  (Read 1920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline anant

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
10 years Ago - A Flat in Navi Mumbai ( Maharashtra ) was bought by my mother , but ownership was named to my Grandfather.
Today - Grandfather stays in Karnataka , He is 90+ old and unable to travel to Maharashtra.
The ownership has to be moved to my mother and me ( 2 people )
Steps to Register 2 documents : Power of Authority and Deed of Gift .
1) In Karnataka , register Power of Authority ( POA )- " granting ownership from Grandfather to Mother and Me ( grandson )  " 
 - add clause that grandfather is not fit to visit Maharashtra for registering the document
 - POA will be signed by grandfather and mother .

2) In Maharashtra , register Deed of Gift ( DG ) - " granting ownership from Grandfather to Mother and Me ( grandson )  " 
  - add clause refering to POA
  - DG will be signed by mother and me ( grandson ) alone and not by Grandfather

*  Can POA be registered in Karnataka and DG be registered in Maharashtra ? or both can be in Karnataka ( Note : property is in Maharashtra )   
*  Does DG required grandfathers sign , even after POA's reference.?
*  Does POA have a validity period such as 6 months , within which DG has to be registered ?

Thank you for your time on reading my query

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 211
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Your grandfather should make a gift deed in the place he resides.

Based on the gift deed the property should be immediately transferred.
While he is living.

Than there is no problem.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline anant

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Thank You Adv Misthi .

In order to register the Gift Deed. can you please suggest the list of required documents

1.agreement papers
2.stamp duty papers
3.registration papers
Do i need the NOC letter and No Due letter from the society to register Gift Deed ?
(I might need it during the transfer )

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Requirements for Deed of Gift...
Details of property
Rs.10/- Non Judicial stamp paper
STamp duty 0.5% on total valuation of gifted property which can be paid vide bank draft
registration fee (1.1%) will be submitted by cash.
Registration must be made within the jurisdiction of the gifted property

For further consultation in details, you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India