Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Suggestion Needed - Can i apply for divorce  (Read 1080 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gautami

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Suggestion Needed - Can i apply for divorce
« on: January 27, 2016, 01:42:18 PM »

I'm married for almost 10 months now. two weeks after marriage, my husband went to US saying that he'll arrange a visa and take me ASAP.
All of a sudden, there was a delay in Visa processing and he has all the proof of applying visa for me.
However, after 2 months of mariage, due to his jobless situation and me asking few questions on phone, he lost his temper and asked me wait till situations are OK or just apply for divorce. I was shocked by his message and he consoled me through message not to worry.
In that situation, we called his parents to my house and there was a slight heated conversion between our parents. Hearing this, my husband was really angry and scolded me in a message very harshly. He said I'm neither beautiful nor intelligent nor brave enough to live a life on my own and went to an extent of abusing my relatives using a filthy word. Also, he said I should be a girl who can work and earn or be a good wife who can maintain a cordial relationship with his friends and families.

He stopped talking to me on phone saying that he can have many answers after the visa approval and he is not ready to talk things which can not be shared with everyone. (he thought that what ever he speaks is getting leaked here - In other words I'm telling everything to my parents and friends)
He didn't provide his new phone number and I had no choice rather than to sent 5 emails crying. To all those, he sent a cold reply without any consolation words. He was in a impression that I was doubting his steps taken to get me there quickly. All i did was discuss the visa options with my neighbor and asked him few questions in mail.
he did call me after 3 months of email exchanges and spoke to me for abt 2 hrs.
I stopped replying to his emails and messages from then anticipating that he would call and talk to me frequently.
he didn't call me but kept messaging me which i didn't reply. He then called me once after a month and spoke to me for abt 45 mins.
after a month he says, the visa processing is nearing its end stage and asked me to start preparing for the trip.
Now, I'm depressed with his behaviour of not calling me frequently. I have a doubt how will he behave in future. I'm in deep mental anguish.
My parents and friends are supporting me and we have decided to file for divorce.
but, my husband is NOT willing for mutual consent.

Now, can I go ahead and file for divorce suit and let him contest in court? On what grounds do i qualify under the law? will i have a strong ground to contest?

can anybody here pls suggest me?

P.S. He never demanded any money from me as dowry. so it's not easy to prove that.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India