Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Poll

Have you ever faced a similar situation?

Yes
No
Not applicable

Author Topic: Broadband provider sent a LEGAL NOTICE  (Read 859 times)

Offline andygill

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Broadband provider sent a LEGAL NOTICE
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:59 PM »
I had disconnected my Connect Broadband connection on 10 sept 2015
As per the disconnection form signed by Ms/Mrs X (Bathinda Connect Office) the disconnection was filed on 10th September 2015 and was successfully disconnected on 12th September 2015 which was confirmed by Ms/Mrs X. All the equipment including the modem was returned and the pending payment of Rs. 970 was cleared successfully vide receipt number xxxxxx.
Everything went as expected until a month or two later when I started receiving calls from Connect office regarding non payment of bills for the month of October and November although I had disconnected my service on 10th September 2015.
I even emailed the appellate authority on 21st November 2015 and got the reply on 12 December 2015 saying the issue had been resolved

Now today I received a legal notice regarding the same and was quite surprised. So I contacted the Connect Bathinda office and they told me that my service was re started on 2nd October 2015 with a 300 plan although I did not even authorise them to re start the service. Also I had returned the modem when I filed for disconnection so why would I even try and restart the service which would be useless without a modem. Then I called Ms/Mrs X of the connect Bathinda office as she was the one who signed the disconnection form and she told me that my number was successfully disconnected on 12 September 2015.

To sum it up I disconnected my service and returned the equipment on 10th September 2015, got successfully disconnected on 12th September 2015 (confirmed by Ms/Mrs X) and didn't restart it (they say I did re activate it on 2nd October but I never did) but still received a bill for the month of October and November. Now I have received a legal notice for the same what should I do

Thanking you in anticipation

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

• Veteran at Law
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Broadband provider sent a LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »
file a case in Consumer forum in regards to this harassment based on all your existing facts you have regarding disconnection.

do this before they institute a case on you
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Offline andygill

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:39 AM »
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. I'm a medical college student in the final year so what do you say would be the best option to pay out the outstanding amount or file a complaint in consumer forum?

Offline andygill

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:31:49 AM »
And even if they institute a case against me they have nothing against me, the disconnection form is signed by their enployee at bathinda connect office and the the receipt is computer generated. Can they still act against me?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »
You need not to pay the illegal demand from them or to file a consumer case and get yourself busy with a shit issue. You just send them a strong drafted letter and clearly state about the surrender of connection (point to point) and enclose the relevant documents with the letter. You can threat them to take legal action against them for harassment. Send the letter via India Post - Speed Post with Acknowledgement Due. After this just stay in free mind. Your work is done.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline andygill

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
Thanks a lot sir for the reply. I will check one more time with their local office tomorrow and if the problem persists then I'll definitely do that. :)

Offline andygill

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:03:08 PM »
And just one more thing sir. Do I need to get the letter drafted by an advocate like a Legal notice or should I draft it myself and send it? @adv.amarnath

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India