Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Citizenship  (Read 1305 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sina

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:50:28 PM »
Hi all. I was born in India in 1990, home birth; but my father passed away when I was 1 year old and my mother took me to foreign country (my father was from India but my mother is foreign national) so they did not get me a birth certificate.I returned to India, Bangalore when I was 15, and I studied my tenth and 12th and I'm settled here since then on "student visa".I have my AADHAR card, driving license,marks card.I want to get my Indian passport and give away my foreign one. I feel India is my home.But I have no documents from my dad and I have no birthcertificate. I recently applied through an advocate for my birth certificate and he said he will get it done within one month in magistrate court, bangalore. what is the process to get my citizenship and give away the other passport? How can I go about it after I get my birth certificate since i have no proof of my father's existence at all! I have never even met him :(

What should I do ? Please help.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:57:12 AM »
If you have the birth certificate based on that you will be considered a natural Indian born citizen.

based on the birth certificate you will be able to get an Indian passport
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Citizenship
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »
By virtue of you being born in india is by itself a proof of your indian citizenship.
By Birth (Section 3) -A person born in India on or after 1st July,1987 but before 3rd December, 2004 is considered citizen of India by birth if either of his parents is a citizen of India at the time of his birth.
All the more your father is an indian,
Procedure for applying for indian citizenship:

Application in relevant Form for grant of Indian citizenship by registration under section 5 has to be submitted to the Collector/District Magistrate of the area where the applicant is resident. The application has to be accompanied by all the documents and fees payments as mentioned in the relevant Forms. It is very important that applications are complete in all respects otherwise valuable time of the applicant would be lost in making good the deficiencies after they were detected. The application along with a report on the eligibility and suitability of the applicant is to be sent by the Collector/District Magistrate to the concerned State Government/UT Administration within 60 days. Thereafter, the State Govt./UT Administration shall forward the application to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India within 30 days.

(5) By Naturalisation (Section 6)

Citizenship of India by naturalization can be acquired by a foreigner (not illegal migrant) who is ordinarily resident in India for TWELVE YEARS (throughout the period of twelve months immediately preceding the date of application and for ELEVEN YEARS in the aggregate in the FOURTEEN YEARS preceding the twelve months) and other qualifications as specified in Third Schedule to the Act. Application shall be made in Form-XII.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India