Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Husband threatening divorce after child  (Read 754 times)

Offline Docroyallymessed

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Husband threatening divorce after child
« on: February 13, 2016, 07:17:14 AM »
Both me and my husband are doctors. I got married two years back. For the first six months we were away from his parents and sister and very happy. His sister is a divorcee who got married again six months after our marriage. I got married knowing this and my family and I accepted it as we didn't believe in isolating a girl because she is divorced. However after she got married my in laws and husband started behaving differently towards me and my parents. My mother in law turned my husband against me parents and he yelled at then and beat me up stating we were trying to spoil his sister's life even though we did not do anything. She got pregnant and six months later I got pregnant. Things seemed to be settling down. My in laws brought my sister in law and her family to our house itself and say she lives in her house. Ours is an individual house with a flat on the ground floor first floor and small rooftop apartment. Initially we had tenants on the ground floor. Two months after the marriage she moved in with her in laws. She always was in our house but said otherwise. Everything changed and my in laws constantly yelled at me. My husband was very happy initially but slowly got into his parents words. My in laws were not happy that I got pregnant. I had come to my mother's house for 10 days but due to severe morning sickness and gastritis wanted to stay for another month. My in laws took this opportunity and separated my husband and me by not letting him come see me. Slowly he started slipping away and we started fighting. After my god bharai function me father in law almost hit me even though i was 8 months pregnant. My in laws are constantly interfering in our matters. I want my husband to come out to live with me. Now my daughter is 3 months old and he says either I should come there to live with him or her will file for divorce. I do not want to go live there as I have a daughter and they have hurt me even the free time they came to see the baby. I also do not want a divorce. My husband is a good man albeit easily influenced. Please advice.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Husband threatening divorce after child
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »
This much I can advice that ill treatment may increase day to day. How far a woman/ wife can adjust and bear all cruelty. It is not acceptable in this age, to accept cruelty till the last breath. You have to choose either of. Adjust and digest all cruelty or step up against them. Law is in your favour.

Regarding maintenance of yours and your daughter, Law will bound your husband to pay for it, even you live separately with your child.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Docroyallymessed

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 11:09:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Could you please advice what grounnds my husband can file divorce and what I can do to counter it? What are the laws regarding maintenance and if I can legally bring my husband out from that household?
 Not against him financially supporting his parents but I'd like to draw a line against his sister exploiting us. Once again thanks in advance.

Offline saravanan.s

• Veteran at Law
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:20:27 AM »
You can file dv case and get protection order against your in laws family and also you can avail maintenance and a separate accommodation to live along with  your husband.contact the protection officer of your area and she will help you out as to what you can do and also file a domestic investigation report

Offline Docroyallymessed

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 01:39:10 AM »
Thank you sir

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India