Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Child maintenance in case of mutual consent divorce  (Read 1229 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline anitahegde

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Child maintenance in case of mutual consent divorce
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:02 PM »
I had filed for divorce on grounds on cruelty along with a petition for child maintenance and return of articles. The court has passed an order of Rs X as child maintenance. Now me and my husband have settled the article exchange and have decided for a mutual consent divorce. My question is can I ensure that my husband can pay Rs X as ordered by court for now but I can have the liberty to approach the court in future if I want the maintenance amount be increased based on changed circumstances. Will this be entertained in the court later if I have a clause in the mutual consent petition. Thanks

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Child maintenance in case of mutual consent divorce
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
Once you file for mutual consent with maintenance then the amount figured in maintenance cannot be changed.
however the best option could be that you enter in to a separate compromise agreement (this needs to be filed along with MCD papers and stamped by court) which says
a) Maintenance to be enhanced periodically every year by 10%
b) In addition to maintenance adhoc expenses pertaining to Medical (including hospitalisation) to be paid by husband till the child achieves 21 years of age.
c) Education expenses of the child including overseas collegiate education to be paid by husband in full at the time of commencement of college education by child.
d) Marriage expenses of the child to be borne by husband at the time of marriage of the child.

Ensure that the terms of compromise agreement are acknowledged by court and is a part of your divorce papers.
Rajgopal Sripathi


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India