Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Rental agreement amendment during tenant notice period in Hyderabad, India  (Read 1716 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gayatri50

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I am planning to let out my flat lease for 11 months in Hyderabad. Tenant of the flat will be private company who wants to use the flat for their employees accommodation. I received rental agreement from the private company where terms are beneficial for the tenant rather than owner which they want me to sign. I have mentioned about changes in the terms but the private company is reluctant to do any modifications.

Here are my concerns for this agreement, need your suggestions.

(a) Lease can be terminated by either parties giving 2 months notice period. Advance given for 2 months will be adjusted by the tenant during the notice period. If tenant didn't pay any previous months rent, electricity, maintenance, any damages done to the flat ..etc by the time of notice period being a owner I will be at risk ?

(b) If i sign the rental agreement now later during the notice period being an owner can i ask for rental agreement amendments or send an legal notice when i find out any past dues or damages to my property are done by tenant ?   

Since they are other flats in the apartment available i don't want to loose money by keeping my apartment vacant. I am trying to understand risks involved, need your valuable suggestions.

Please send me an email at

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Agreements cannot be amended until and unless both parties agree. But at a same time all terms and conditions of the agreement shall be deem to be valid except which is contrary to Transfer of property act Section 108. Notice can be given with a clear 1 month for eviction

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
My response.
You can agree that lease can be terminated by either parties giving 2 months notice.
However advance given for 2 months is incorrect clause proposed by tenant. The tenant is eligible for refund for advance if and only if he gives back the possession of property in good condition and order. A tenant cannot adjust his rent against his advance. So say " Big no" to adjusting advance against notice period.

Once signed the rental agreement can be modified as these are 11 months tenancy where the tenancy continues month on month. Yes you can claim past dues/damages by sending legal notices to tenant or seek amendments as and when necessary.

By and large in hyderabad, it is difficult to find a good tenant, but it is all the more extremely difficult to evict a bad tenant. So take a wise judgment.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India