Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Broker Harassment For No Property Deal  (Read 249 times)

Offline davenishit

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Broker Harassment For No Property Deal
« on: March 01, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
We are having a disagreement with a broker for levying service charges of Rs 50,000 for a deal that didn't go through. I have explained in detail about this situation on a real estate forum and if you simply google "broker harassment kolkata", the very first search result will link you to the article.

Here is a break down of what was agreed with the broker (there was no exchange of any legal documents except photocopies of property documents)

1. Sale of house 1 and house 2.
2. Priority should be given to house 2 as we still reside in house 1
3. House 1 will not be sold/shown to buyers till house 2 is taken care off.
4. No brokerage commission was discussed in writing or verbally (assuming that brokerage commission will be 2% if house 2 was sold for less than 1 cr and 1% if it was sold for more than 1 cr as per brokerage norms)

5. Broker finds buyers for house 1 and not for house 2
6. We rephrase what was agreed with the broker initially and do not entertain the deal.
7. Broker finds buyer for both house 1 and 2 but in the interim we get a better deal for both house 1 and 2
8. We refuse to deal with the broker and dispute arises.

9. Broker demands a service charge of Rs 1,00,000 citing that 4 other members worked along side the broker and each one should get Rs 5000 each = Rs 20,000 for 5 months i.e. - Rs 1,00,000.
10. We boldly dishonor the service charge/advance brokerage as no deal took place. He now demands Rs 50,000.
11. Broker eventually resorts to sham tactics of harassment by calling at odd hours, threatening with dire consequences with goons, party office and police station.

The last bit:
1. What resort do I have to deal with this matter as there is no legal agreement between us and the broker?
2. We asked the broker to mention the breakdown of service charge, along with name/address/phone/license# of all the broker involved plus details of clients who were interested in our properties and their quote price on a notarized affidavit letter to which the broker refused.
3. For now I have put the broker's contact number on reject list till I can get some legal advice on this matter.

What precautions can I take? Should I stick to the notarized affidavit letter stand? or should I lodge a FIR for threats and harassment?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Broker Harassment For No Property Deal
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »
Lodge FIR against him with phone numbers before local police station as well as before cyber crime branch.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India