Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Refund of advance fees paid to an institute  (Read 893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pritom.bordoloi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Refund of advance fees paid to an institute
« on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »
I paid an institute in Pondicherry an advance of Rs 15,000/- via Cheque to help me with my PhD project. The had committed to complete my project within 20 days assuring that they will give me an progress update every 2-3 days. The remaining amount of Rs 15,000/- was to be paid on successful verification of the completed project.

For the advance of Rs 15,000/- they gave me a receipt (where it is written "Cash once paid will not be refunded" - will that create a problem for me?) and also a written confirmation in Company Letterhead that they will complete my project within 20 days.

Now the 20 days are over, and they have not given me a single update. They just commit to send an update/video file by "tonight" but that night never came.

Since they did not complete my project nor gave me an update in the last 20 days, I am seeking refund which they are not agreeing to. I want to take legal action on them as I took the pain to travel from Bengaluru to Pondicherry twice to meet them apart from the Rs 15,000/- I paid as advance. What legal options do I have?

Offline advbose

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 171
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Refund of advance fees paid to an institute
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:58:14 PM »
Send them a legal notice. Follow the procedure than give a written police complaint.
Than file a money suit.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India