Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Need Info  (Read 823 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline chetanamale

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Need Info
« on: March 11, 2016, 01:23:16 AM »
Hello Respected Members ,

My father sadly demised last year without a will , we need to transfer his belonging to mother's name
and I have following questions

1.For bank FDs and account , he did not have a nomination , the bank now is asking for sureties equal to the amount - which we are finding hard to get. Will succession certificate will help here ?
If we give succession certificate to the bank , will they still ask for sureties ?

2.Similarly need to transfer house on his name, in this case again do we require a succession certificate ?

3.Do a succession certificate can be used ONLY for transfer of movable properties ( like bank accounts, cars etc.)? It can not be used for immovable properties - like home etc ?

4.Where I need to apply for succession certificate ? and does it hold good for the entire state ?
like if I get a succession certificate from one city within the state, does it hold good for entire
state as such ? or I need to get new succession certificate for each city ?

5.Any other useful advice that will help us at this moment.

Thanks and regards

Offline chetanamale

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Need Info-Succession Certificate
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 12:24:13 AM »
Hello Members,

Anyone can answer below queries on this forum, thanks

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Need Info
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:12:19 AM »
For movable properties and fixed deposits you need to get a succession certificate from the district court.
For moving an application for succession certificate, you will need to get a family member certificate from tahsildar/Mandal Revenue officer ( a family member certificate lists out all the legal heirs of deceased member).
Once a succession certificate issued by a district court(preferably close to place of your residence) the same will be valid across all courts in india.
For transfer of immovable properties, you will not require a succession certificate. based on family member certificate you can mutate the property of your father in to your family member names.
In addition to mutation, you can choose to partition or allot the properties of your father in to any of your family members name either through registered partition or relinquishment deed and can finalise the succession plan and partition of properties of your fathers amongst the legal heirs now only so as to avoid future problems.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Need Info
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:12:19 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India