Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Succession Certificate - For Property,Banks  (Read 938 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline chetanamale

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Succession Certificate - For Property,Banks
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »
Hello Respected Members ,

My father sadly demised last year without a will , we need to transfer his belonging to mother's name
and I have following questions

1.For bank FDs and account , he did not have a nomination , the bank now is asking for sureties equal to the amount - which we are finding hard to get. Will succession certificate will help here ?
If we give succession certificate to the bank , will they still ask for sureties ?

2.Similarly need to transfer house on his name, in this case again do we require a succession certificate ?

3.Do a succession certificate can be used ONLY for transfer of movable properties ( like bank accounts, cars etc.)? It can not be used for immovable properties - like home etc ?

4.Where I need to apply for succession certificate ? and does it hold good for the entire state ?
like if I get a succession certificate from one city within the state, does it hold good for entire
state as such ? or I need to get new succession certificate for each city ?

5.Any other useful advice that will help us at this moment.

Thanks and regards

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Succession Certificate - For Property,Banks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:05 AM »
You have to go for Succession Certificate as well as Gift Deed but it can  tactfully executed. It is better to go for consultation in details for better execution and settlement of property with less paying taxes and stamp duty

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Succession Certificate - For Property,Banks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:50 PM »
First you should get a family member certificate from the mandal revenue office.
then along with the death certificate of your father and family member certificate you will need to file for succession certificate in the district court where you as family last resided.  One succession certificate is good enough for entire india. As rightly pointed out by you, succession certificate is only for movables.

If you have the death certificate and family member certificate, you can transfer/mutuate the Immovable property amongst the legal heirs of your father.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India