Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Property in the name of two Brothers.  (Read 931 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kanika

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Property in the name of two Brothers.
« on: March 14, 2016, 04:49:00 AM »
Hello Legal Advisers,

We have a house which is in the name of my Father and his younger brother (i.e. my Uncle). My Father passed away 5 years back in an accident. There is no will created for this property by my father. Legal Papers for this house are with my mother.

My Uncle was living in this house since the beginning but my father shifted with his family in another house sometime back before his death. After that some renovation was done by my uncle on the house without any discussion with my father.

Now we are planning to sell this property. Just wanted to confirm will there be any issues in getting the part of this house inherited by my brothers which was in the name of my father and what process we need to follow.

Thanks and Regards

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Property in the name of two Brothers.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »
The property was in the name of your father and uncle. so it is jointly owned by your father and uncle.
The shares of your father will devolve on his legal heirs(mother, sons and daughters) and likewise the share of your uncle will devolve on his legal heirs (your aunt, cousins etc
For sale of the dwelling house (where your uncle is residing) legally he should agree for you to sell the property to an outsider.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Property in the name of two Brothers.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »
Let me tell you that your uncle is half owner of that property. Now if you intend to sell out your father's undivided share then you have to offer to purchase your's father's undivided share (which has devolved upon your mother, you and your siblings) to your uncle first who is in now possession with certain price. If he refused then you can proceed to sell it out to 3rd party.

Or you can go for deed of partition with your uncle and after that sell it out to 3rd party or file a partition suit.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India