Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Land dispute need help  (Read 920 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fireboy

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Land dispute need help
« on: March 09, 2016, 01:12:24 AM »
Hello Guys,

This is my first thread here. So please move this thread to correct location if i have posted in wrong sub group.
Sorry for my bad english.

We have a 6 gunta land which is under the name of Shantaram (My grand father). Under land rule 1974 then the RTC was changed to include the names of his elder brother(Deceased, Has a son who has filed a case to get 50% of the land) ,younger brother(Transferred the ownership to my father)  and a sister (deceased now.With no children).  Now the dispute is the elder brothers son has filed a case in court to get 50% of the land. But the thing is my grandfathers younger brother has transferred the ownership to my father.
How exactly we can solve this and what can we do?

Thanks in advance

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Land dispute need help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:37:00 AM »
Let me try .
Mr. Shantaram had 6 gunta's of land.
Total area owned by Mr.Shantaram is 726 square yards. (1 gunta = 121 square yards. total area=6*121 sq.y=726 square yards)

Mr.Shantaram  had 4 children(3 brothers and 1 daughter).

So if a partition has been effected during the life time of Mr.Shantaram, each of the children would have got 181.5Square yards.

3rd brother (now deceased) transferred his 181.5 Square yards  to 2nd brother.

so the current share holding of second brother is 181.5 square yards(his share) plus 181.5 square yards(3rd brother share) totalling to 362 Square yards.

Now coming to the deceased sister's share . she would have got 181.5 sq.yards if  she was alive.
Now that she has died and the second brother also died, her share will be divided in to 2 shares. (i,e 181.5 sq.yards/2= 90.5 square yards.
So the share of elder brother after adding up his sister's share will be 272 square yard(181.5+90.5)
The share of second brother after adding up his sister's share will be 452.5 square yards(181.5+181.5+90,5)
So the claim of your uncle (father's elder brother is wrong. he is trying to grab more share than what he is eligible for by ignoring your 3rd uncle's property transfer .

hope this helps.

Rajgopal Sripathi

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India