Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Regarding Transfer of Property  (Read 606 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Legal_Intern

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Regarding Transfer of Property
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:07:55 AM »
I have a property i.e. an apartment in Maharashtra in my grandfather's name.  Recently he passed away intestate.  My mother has been living in this property for the past 20 years, I lost my father when I was a kid.  How can I get this apartment transferred to my name or my mother's name.

I do have a document from my grandfather, in which he had said that after his death, the property will belong to my mother.  My grandfather had 2 sons and 2 daughters.  Both his sons have since expired.  Daughters are alive.

Kindly guide me so that I can transfer the property

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Regarding Transfer of Property
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
It appears that the document what is purportedly written by your Grand father might be his Will.
Just check whether there are any attestation by any witnesses.
if it is so, then it is  a WILL and your grand father must have written a will in the name of your mother.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Transfer of Property
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
To be very practical, I will say that a mere written which you are deeming to be your grandfather's WILL or his last wish, will not stand until it has been properly executed with two attesting witness. Even you and your mother is in possession for several years.

But in default, you and your mother will get 1/4th undivided share of the property along with 2 daughters and heirs of another predeceased son. 

If you liked my advice, then please like on applaud just left hand side of this comment.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India