Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Joint property claim after 18 years possible ?  (Read 618 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline legal76

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Joint property claim after 18 years possible ?
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:30:37 PM »
Sir ,

We are living in a BDA/BBMP  ( Bangalore Development Authority) approved layout past 8-10 years. Now we see that few legal heirs have care claiming share based on joint family partition that happened 18 years ago ( in 1991).

Here is the history.
There were two brothers X & Y. They  had property which was in joint possession - 3.3 acres of land ( got from father who in turn got via inam abolision act). X & Y  sold portion of it measuring  1.92 acres together while in joint family . Remaining 1.38 acres of land was in joint possession. In 1991 , Mr . Y after death of X ,  got  this 1.38 acres of land  in his name via mutual partition with X's wife ( X's wife was given some other piece of land which they jointly  owned).  There are records to indicate this. X's sons were major that time. They were not involved in this partition and done between Y and X's wife only at least records seem so.

Later Mr .Y sold this 1.38 acres of builder and sites were created there in 2004. People started living there peacefully , constructed homes.

Now Mr.X son's have come up ,saying Mr .Y got possession of 1.38 acres illegally without involving them.  They filed case in session court in 2009 ( opened eyes after 18 years),  for entry of their names in Mutation Register . They got it done somehow via tahsildar. When residents appealed in high court , high court court ruled it in their favor asking X'sons  to prove their ownership before entry in MR  . Now in 2016 they have filed civil suit against X sons and person to whom Mr Y sold land including  people who are living the layout.
They are demanding half share in 1.38 acres.

Question : Is this valid ? They have come almost after 18 years ?  . How do you see chance of  Mr.X's legal heirs now ? What about people living in layout with homes constructed paying taxes ?
Do you see this case dragging for long ? What's the usual conclusions in such cases ?


Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Joint property claim after 18 years possible ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:55 AM »
By a perusal of your query things appear favorable to the residents because of law of limitation and also they being in possession of properties since 1991.
however we will need to see the records by which  Mr . Y  got this land after death of X and the way the partition has been executed by Mr.Y and Mrs.X .
Also we need to see the High court orders as well as the plaint petition to see the grounds on which Mr.X's children have filed the suit.
From my experience, i can say things do appear favorable to residents, but can give you sure shot advise after perusal of above documents.
Hope this helps.
Rajgopal Sripathi


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India