Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: I want leagl advice for this case  (Read 274 times)

Offline pratheek1

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I want leagl advice for this case
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:25:27 AM »
Nanjappa had around 10 acres of dry land as ancestral property. Lalitha, his wife had 2 acres 19 gunta irrigated land as her self acquired property. Both of them have passed away long back. Both the properties were transferred to their single heir Manjunath. Along with these two properties, Manjunath has 24 gunta land and one 60x40 site in his name as self acquired property. Padma, wife of Manjunath had 2 acres as her self acquired property. Padma passed away in 2001, Manjunath passed away in 2015.
manjunath and padma have 3 daughters and 3 sons. Both have not written any WILL. All the properties are registered, No allegations and have proper documents.
Now all the properties are to be shared among these 6 heirs. I(son) am one of the 6 heirs. I have the following doubts.
1> Will the female heirs get any share in the property which is in Padma's name as she has passed away before 2005.
2> Whats the legal procedure (pls explain step by step) to divide the property among the heirs and register it individually.
3> All the other 5 heirs are enjoying these properties and i am not getting revenue from any of these. They are not co operative and are not ready to give my share. How to procure    my share without going to court
4> How long does it take to carry out partition in court
5> can i get stay order from court to prevent them enjoying these properties without sharing revenue. 

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: I want leagl advice for this case
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »
1> Will the female heirs get any share in the property which is in Padma's name as she has passed away before 2005.
Female will get 1/6th share in respect of their father's properties as well as 1/24th undivided mother's property which they inherited from father
(Explanation: After death of your mother all sons and her husband became owner in respect of 1/4th. And on the death of father, his 1/24th undivided share will be devolved upon 3 sons and 3 daughters).

2> Whats the legal procedure (pls explain step by step) to divide the property among the heirs and register it individually.
To know the procedure you have to go through the Hindu Succession Act, Section 8, 15 and Table in the end of the statute.

3> All the other 5 heirs are enjoying these properties and i am not getting revenue from any of these. They are not co operative and are not ready to give my share. How to procure    my share without going to court
Partition can only be done in two ways 1) Partition Deed or 2) By filing Partition Suit. There is no alternatives

4> How long does it take to carry out partition in court
It depends/ varies from court to court. In west Bengal it will take 5 years tentatively.

5> can i get stay order from court to prevent them enjoying these properties without sharing revenue.
Yes, you can get injunction order ex parte on the day of filing case under Order 39 Rule 1 and 2 read with Section 151 of the CPC. For getting injunction order you have to file case surreptitiously. Even no letter or notice for partition should be serve on them.

Apart from above there is an alternative way to get monetary value of your share.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India