Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: I think My Jija Ji ( Sister's Husband ) is mentally ill , what should we do  (Read 758 times)

Offline Pawan Kumar

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hello Sir / Madam

I am from Jammu. I think my Jija Ji ( Sister's husband ) is mentally ill because he gives warning to my sister that he will suicide if she leave him.

My Jija Ji is mentally torture my sister continuously by not allowing her to come to her partents home and when she call to parents to for normal talk to her parents , jija ji allow her to call for 2-3 minutes.

She comes to her parents home after 15 days as relatives intervene , but Jija make excuses that he is ill so don't go or leave him.

We can't understand what we should do either we go to police or go to advocate first.

My sister is very feared from Jija Ji as he giver warning of suicide , he is also a diabetic patient .

What to do if my sister not go there when she comes after 15 days and he make suicide attempt .

Either Police blames my sister or my family and me or Jija ji's family.

We are very scared of Jija Ji suicide warnings.

Please giver suggestions or tell me Good Advocate in Jammu whom I contact.

Thanks

Offline advswagata

• Sr. Legal Expert
    • View Profile
Your sister should make a written complaint in police station regarding the suicide threats.

what your sister wants to do is not yet clear does she want to continue with this marriage?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
It is very unfortunately that I cannot give you proper legal advice as the laws in respect of marriage does not applicable to Jammu and Kashmir. So, you have to consult with a legal expert who belongs to your state. I would say that a marriage cannot be worked out forcibly as well as by compromising from one end. So it is far better to get out of that wedlock which day by day choking you.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Pawan Kumar

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
@advswagata Madam Ji,

My sister is also want to quit the marriage , as two years of marriage has been completer but their is no improvement in Jija Ji behavior. She done all the compromise but what going in Jija Ji's mind unpredicatable.

1)  But my sister is also feared from the fact if Jija Ji commit suicide who is responsible for this in the eyes of court and police.

2) Someone confused my sisters mind if she goes to women cell then the women cell go for compromise between my sister and jija ji , but she does not want to go that home after once she come from that. She is feared if she goes again the conditions are much more worse from now.

Offline Pawan Kumar

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
@adv.amarnath Sir Ji,

You are absolutely right . Actually we consult two of Advocates but they said you have to go for mutual divorce as contested divorce consumer 6- 8 years or may be more.
And for mutual divorce we have to talk with Jija Ji's family that is difficult as he give suicide warnings. But I am searching some another advocate. Who give us some valuable suggestion and solve the matter.

We are also confuse for police complaints as I heard two types of police complaints are , i think cognizant and so confused.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
You are thinking too far. Person with suicide tendency will never say that he/she will suicide rather he will do it surreptitiously. He is just blackmailing all of you. So, first file divorce case against him. When he will come to contest the suit then through lawyer you can ask him to go for mutual divorce. Else matter will be pending for several days without any fruitful result.

There is not need to lodge complaint before police station in this regards.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India