Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Neighbor is objecting on building permanent boundary wall  (Read 320 times)

Offline santoshma

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Neighbor is objecting on building permanent boundary wall
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »
We stay in Maharashtra. We have house in our village, and there is a piece of land is in backside of my home and boundaries of this land is covered by compound made by small plants. Since my birth (Last 38 years) I have seen this compound on our land. Now we want to build permanent wall compound on our land. However one big personality of the village is now objecting on it, he is saying that few piece of land is owned by him and we cant build permanent compound. He also threaten us that he will demolish the toilet build by us on that land. Toilet was build  20 years back. I dont know what papers says, but few relative told me that  we are using these land for more than 50 years. My father and grandparents are not alive. So please suggest me what Can I do?  Can I claim this whole land to transfer in my name as we are using this land for many years ? 

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Neighbor is objecting on building permanent boundary wall
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi
Need to check the boundaries that are mentioned in your document.
Also you should get your property surveyed by revenue authorities to know the exact boundries of land.
Assuming you are in in adverse possession and in good faith i.e without any intent of trespassing and illegally occupying the land belonging to others and that too for a period of more than 20 years, you can claim ownership of the land.
Please note that the courts have been viewing laws pertaining to adverse possession very critically, but have been supportive in cases where there is no Bad faith Adverse possession.
Refer to case law on how the law of adverse possession is being critically viewed recently by courts :

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION, PETITION FOR SPECIAL LEAVE TO APPEAL (CIVIL) NO. 28034/2011, (Arising out of CC 9038/2010)
Hope this helps
Rajgopal Sripathi
Mobile:9704772200
email:rajgopal@legalwin.in

Offline santoshma

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Neighbor is objecting on building permanent boundary wall
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:29 PM »
Thank you Raj sir. As per my understanding we are using this land for more than 50 years, and my father or grandparents have never told me about the ownership of neighbor. My father and grand parents are not alive. After recent death of my father ,  he is saying that 25 years back he had objected on using land and building toilet on that land, however after meeting with my father he allowed that time, without any consideration (No evidence available). He has given permission to build toilet that time. He stays in village and has no objection till this year. But somebody has motivated him to take objection on us for building permanent compound wall.  He also aware that there is no benefit to him even if I left that land, but still he want to pull my leg. Really its just bad politics.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India