Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: PROPERTY ISSUE -Compensation claim from state highway dept  (Read 803 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline priyaTips

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
PROPERTY ISSUE -Compensation claim from state highway dept
« on: April 18, 2016, 08:11:30 PM »
We have house  property which was bound by state highways road on one side.The highways dept partially removed it stating that as an enchroachment on JAN 1997.But we filed the case against them as we were staying there for more than two generations(more than 30 years).The case was won by us in an appeal and we got title declaration and permanent injection order while the mandatory injection got rejected for the property under adverse posessions act.Date of judgement:28 nov 2006  in SUB COURT.Till now there was no action from the dept side after the judgement.Hence now we wanted to know
1.whether we can get patta as we don't have it for the property.
2.Is  there eligibility for compensation claim in case the property is affected in future by the highways dept.
Kindly give me your suggesions regarding the  issue.
Thank you.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: PROPERTY ISSUE -Compensation claim from state highway dept
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:57:40 AM »
you have to file an application in court for patta and compensation
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: PROPERTY ISSUE -Compensation claim from state highway dept
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »
You have not won the case against the Highway Department. Definitely against the owner. Adverse possession is a shield not a weapon. Further vide adverse possession you cannot be owner of a property but as you are in possession you can get your name mutated in the concern department.

If you property is being acquisition by the Govt. then you will get  compensation for that.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India