Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: WIll law  (Read 320 times)

Offline mayank

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
WIll law
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:56:57 PM »
My grandfather was died in 1996. Recently (2015) my father and uncles had dispute about the property which my grandfather owned. Now we come to know that one of the prime property on my Grandfatherís name was transferred to one of my uncleís name and when we contacted the court (all my fatherís Brother & Sisterís) we come to know that the property was transferred one of my uncleís name on the basis of Will. I have few questions now.
1) As none of my fatherís brother & Sister is aware of my Grandfathers will after his death, Is the decision made by court without contacting other sonís & daughter is valid ?
2) In the will only one property out of 6-7, none has the correct description except the one which was transferred to my uncleís name (means no address and no land mark identification), is it correct as per the Will law ?
3) The properties which are on my motherís name and auntyís name, which my father and uncle bought from his earning are also identified in will as my grandfatherís property ?
4) Their is no identification of any property with their current market values ?
On the above points, Is the will is acceptable as per Indian law ?

Offline advJitu

• Jr. Legal Expert
  • I'm Advocate Jitu, Champion - Company law in India
    • View Profile
Re: WIll law
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:43:35 PM »
Without going through the actual will.
It is very difficult to comment based on your understanding.

If the court has validated a will.
That has to have statutory backing.
Advocate Jitu, Champion -
Company law expert from Mumbai City

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: WIll law
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:40:47 PM »
1) As none of my fatherís brother & Sister is aware of my Grandfathers will after his death, Is the decision made by court without contacting other sonís & daughter is valid ?
Ans: Probate cannot be issued without proper service of intimation of legal heirs. Definitely paper publication was made. Please check the case record with certain court fee.

2) In the will only one property out of 6-7, none has the correct description except the one which was transferred to my uncleís name (means no address and no land mark identification), is it correct as per the Will law ?
Ans: It is not possible to answer right at this moment without seeing the contents of WILL but if court has granted probate in respect of that property then definitely court had came to conclusion of property. Your father should have made enquiry in this regard after your grandfather's demise.

3) The properties which are on my motherís name and auntyís name, which my father and uncle bought from his earning are also identified in will as my grandfatherís property ?
Ans:Your father required to challenge the probate without any delay.

4) Their is no identification of any property with their current market values ?
Ans: It is not believable that court has not valued the property.

On the above points, Is the will is acceptable as per Indian law ?
Ans: Without seeing a copy of WILL it is not possible to answer but at least I can say that only those part of the WILL be probated which are practically executed and rest will be  declared in valid.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India