Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Few Original owners of Apartment keeping its Association affairs, funds secret  (Read 986 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline wanderbug

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

I had  purchased a flat 6 mnths ago in an apartment with 32 Owners. Only two owners were staying in the building, rest are renting their properties. The Apartment was handed over in 2010. One resident owner claims to be the Secretary, the other Treasurer. The Treasurer has subsequently rented out his property leaving the secretary. When either is asked about registration of Association, the stock answers were there is no Regd Association as others are not resident, and not in station and not interested.  Despite many attempts to find out about the status&legality of the building's care--as it was in shambles, with leaking walls .and  paint deteriorated, answers were no one is interested. On sending a Registered notice to "Association", promptly Secretary and Treasurer called for Quotations for works worth Rs 11 Lacs, generated a subscription drive and have started some works including painting. Some members have not paid partly, one not at all. As the work progressed,  a WhatsApp group was formed for all the owners, and it was revealed   inadvertently in messages that a Managing Committee was formed originally in 2010 afterall, and a Bye Laws was made. Also that no general body meeting has been held in last 2 -1/2 years. That, about 7-8 Lac was in FD in undisclosed account which will not be used for ongoing works. I demanded a copy of the Bye Laws which reveals it is a superficial work, where owners' rights have completely been abrogated, with Managing Committee reserving all financial rights.
What can be done to ensure a) information is provided to all new members on status, accounts, documentation, b) registration of Deed under Apartment Owners Act 1983 is done forthwith,  General Body meeting Called, and elections held if not done c) Financial transparency is enforced.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
First of all get a building clearance from Municipal office regarding its building condition.
once you have that send a legal notice to the association which collects maintanence.
to call for general body meeting to sort out the mess
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Immediately serve notice to him and subsequently you have to file a civil suit against him as well as petition under Order 40 of the Civil Procedure Code.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India