Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Claiming ancestral and paternal properties.  (Read 677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nikhil2007

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Claiming ancestral and paternal properties.
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:51 AM »
I am 57 yrs old woman currently living in Chennai. My husband had recently passed away. I have two children; a daughter and a son. They are above 18 yrs old ,not married and not working yet. The facts are as follows:-
1) My husband's grandfather, a resident of Bihar owned a  farmland and an ancestral house in Bihar which he verbally divided among his four sons.
2) My husband's father had 3 sons of which my husband was the eldest son. My  father-in-law constructed two flats in the name of the other two sons who were unemployed then, He passed away several years ago, not leaving behind any written will. One of my husband's brother passed few yrs back. His widow is currently residing in the house provided by my father-in-law.
3) The portion of ancestral property belonging to my husband's father and other property accumulated in his lifetime is now being controlled by husband's youngest brother. He has been enjoying the benefits by giving farmland under rental and enjoying the revenue.
4) Now my husband passed away recently and I want to claim my rightful inheritance on my husband's ancestral properties in Bihar.
How should me and my children claim my husband's portion of ancestral and paternal properties?. Is it possible to take any legal actions from Chennai where me and my children lives, as my husband's brother proved non cooperative.
Thank u in advance.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming ancestral and paternal properties.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:49:55 AM »
You have to file for partition of ancestral property as par the Hindu successio act, in that jurisdiction where the property is situated namely Bihar
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India