Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Selling Property  (Read 702 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sahay

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Selling Property
« on: April 25, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
Sir, I am R.C Christian from Tamilnadu. My husband has 3 younger brothers and all their properties were equally divided in 1992 itself. My husband's parents are living with their youngest son. My husband's business was real estate. He bought some housing flats 5 years ago. He died all on a sudden due to heart attack 2 years ago. Now in order to educate my children I need to sell those flats. Do I need my father-in-law's approval / signature to sell those flats? (I raise this question because in the legal heir certificate, besides my name and my children's name, my father-in-law's name and mother-in-name also are there). Kindly advice me.
By Rani

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Property
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
If your husband is christian then there is no question of doubt as in India there is no specific law for inheritance of Christian. But if your husband continued to be Hindu till his last breath then property will be devolve upon you, all his children and mother as per Hindu Succession Act.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 824
  • Karma: +24/-19
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Property
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:55:05 AM »
Dear Ma'am

I think you can sell the property directly being the class 1 legal heirs under the law of succession. Please try to sell the property and if any objection comes then deal with the same accordingly at that point of time. As if now taking permission from your father in law is not advisable as he may say not to the transaction and try to claim his share.

Jai Bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Selling Property
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:55:05 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India