Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: How to get read of shop tenant?  (Read 642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bhuvankothari90

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
How to get read of shop tenant?
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:50:37 PM »
I have rented my shop a year ago, but last 6 months my tenant has not showed up, he is not picking up any call neither replying any msg. His agreement has also been expired and he is not giving any rent. I have made a complaint in police regarding this and requested them to take all the stuff of my tenant into their custody but they are not listening.what can I do to get my shop free without getting into much legal hustle.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: How to get read of shop tenant?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 02:51:10 AM »
Who gave you that idea to lodge complaint before police station to evict tenant?
you have to send your tenant a statutory notice for quit and vacate your tenanted shop room. If he failed to do so, you have to lodge civil case for eviction and khas vacate possession.

For further clarification and consultation in details, you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 651
  • Karma: +18/-16
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: How to get read of shop tenant?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 05:37:13 AM »
Dear Sir,

You cannot break the lock and take the possession once there is a rent agreement. Police may also not help you under the circumstances. You need to file a suit for permeant and mandatory injunction seeking possession of the rented premises. The court fee will be on the basis of one year rent. There is no other option. Filing a suit can be only done after issuing a notice.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India