Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Passport with inlaws  (Read 985 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline johnkeatsind

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Passport with inlaws
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »
Hi All,

My passport is with my inlaws living in chandigarh. I am in gurgaon. There are some marital and family issues happening between my family and wifes family. Still families are meeting coordially. But due to some reason they are denying passport is with them. I know its with them. How to get it back? Can I get search warrant to get it? But that will spoil relations further. Please advise.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:13:37 PM by johnkeatsind »

Offline advarjun

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +8/-0
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: Passport with inlaws
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »
Inform them holding someone else's passport is illegal.

You have the option of lodging a police complaint.

But since its a family matter I would suggest.

You give a lost passport complaint and get a new passport.

That would be wiser.
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 693
  • Karma: +20/-17
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Passport with inlaws
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:07:06 PM »
Dear Sir,

Rather than getting into some or other complaints which may further affect the relations. I would advise to file a complaint for loss of passport and apply for new passport rather than waiting for them to return the passport.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Passport with inlaws
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »
Please consider it as a lost passport and apply for re-issue of passport and follow the following steps: Following documents must be submitted along with the application:
Proof of Present Address
Proof of Date of Birth
Affidavit stating how and where the passport got lost/damaged (Annexure 'L')
Police report in original
Self-attested photocopy of first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page of old passport, if available.
Rajgopal Sripathi


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India