Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: FIR against my vehicle driven by my father  (Read 1015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline urpalreloaded

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
FIR against my vehicle driven by my father
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:51:19 AM »
Recently, my dad was driving my car which is registered under my name and met with an accident. A two wheeler was hit by our car. I was not in the car at the time of accident. Police was informed. Car was taken to police station. My dad was told to submit the copy of his driving license, car's registration and insurance certificate and he did. Police released my vehicle the same day with a review certificate from local break inspector provided to them.

The opposite party, the person who drove the 2 wheeler, had lodged complaint in local police station. We had requested a copy of FIR and we had been given one.

In the FIR, with my vehicle number mentioned in it, the complaint had said that he had minor injuries and he demands action need to be taken against the person who was driving (my father in this case) my vehicle on that time.

My question is, since my vehicle's number is mentioned in FIR and there was no person's name mentioned in it, would I be dragged into this case? Since I am an IT employee, would this FIR be a problem in VISA processing or when I leave for other countries/companies?

Please throw soem light on this as I am worried this would affect my career.

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 824
  • Karma: +24/-19
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: FIR against my vehicle driven by my father
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:16:39 AM »
Dear Sir,

This is a normal case for vehicle accident. There would not be any problem in getting visa or anything else in future. The section mentioned in the FIR for motor accident is compoundable and once the case reaches to the court, please settle the matter with the person, who has filed the FIR by compensating him. There is no point in dragging the case and fighting the case for a long time.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: FIR against my vehicle driven by my father
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:16:39 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India