Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Can my grand mother give all property to her son only and nothing to daugther?  (Read 744 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline leenc

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
We are Jain so I believe Hindu succession action applies.

My grand mother was just a house wife who recently died ...My grand father who died a year ago (before my grand mother) did make any will and all property in question was self acquired by my grand father in his life time...nothing was inherited by him.

My grand father who has 2 daughters and one son died without making a will. so as per my understanding 3 of his children who are alive and wife 4 shares should be divided equally correct? There are no  other class I heirs for my grand father.

My grand mother also recently died and I heard she said (of course before death) that she wants to give all her property to her son only...nothing to two daughters.

I am not sure if she made a will but even if she made a will and wants to give all property which was self earned (acquired) by my grand father can she do that legally? because my understanding is ..because grand father did make any will she has the right to only 1/4 of property and worst she can give is her 1/4th share to her son. So basically son will get 2 shares and 1 each for two daughters correct?

Offline advjaibansal

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 666
  • Karma: +19/-17
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,

The daughter has all the rights on the property even if there is WILL. please suggest the daughter to file a suit for partition if nothing is given to her. She has the equal right on her grand father's property.

jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
mobile: 09868566649

Offline Heena68

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
A person has the right to write a will or give away everything if only he or she has earned it by him or herself. She cannot act partially if she had not earnt it.
Will is generally written by people who have earned something.I can ask for a share in my ancestral property which was inherited.If a man had earned everything and had written a will,it is legal.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
You have given an illusive statement where you have not clearly mentioned the family tree properly. So in general sense, if your grandmother executed a WILL then the entire her share will be transfer to the beneficiaries after filing of Probate Case. If WILL is proved then probate will be granted and beneficiaries will be the owner. You can challenge the WILL, if any, if any probate case is filed by the executor or executrix.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India