Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Fraudlent courier service.. How to deal?  (Read 599 times)

Offline IndianHelpSeeker

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Fraudlent courier service.. How to deal?
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:42:37 PM »
Hi,

I used gati courier service to deliver a big package with some intellectual valuables on 9th of may. They assured delivery on 16th of may.

Now from 16th I have been calling them. The received answer is "Sir, today sure" / "Sir, It has already left the facility", "Sir, its on the way".. I mailed them on 19th giving notice that if you won't deliver today, I will go legal. They didn't reply to this. My wife called them and asked furiously to deliver on the same day .. i.e. 19th . The SHOCKING REPLY WAS "WHAT WILL YOU DO OTHERWISE"?? (Nahito kya karenge)?

Now after calling their customer care, they are denying to commit a date to deliver. They gave delivery manager number, but I have tried many times, no one is picking up the call. I want to escalate this issue to high level.. because same incidence has happened with my relatives also with this courier service.

The assured date in their receipt is 16th may. Today is 24th. Their customer care executives are giving their facility address sometimes suggesting us to go and pick up/ which I think I will do. But how to deal with such kind of attitude? I want to go legal and ask refund and compensation for mental agony..

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. The courier service name is "Gati Courier"

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Fraudlent courier service.. How to deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:13:56 AM »
Dear Sir,

Please collect your courier if the same is not reaching to you. Once you receive the courier then you may file a consumer court case. This is the only option for your problems.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
Hi
First issue notices to GATI Courier
Then you should file a case against Gati.
Rajgopal Sripathi
Mobile:9704772200
email:rajgopal@legalwin.in

Offline riteshmaity

• Professional legal Expert
  • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
    • View Profile
    • Labour Law Advocate in Kolkata
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 04:10:02 AM »
Hi,

I used gati courier service to deliver a big package with some intellectual valuables on 9th of may. They assured delivery on 16th of may.

Now from 16th I have been calling them. The received answer is "Sir, today sure" / "Sir, It has already left the facility", "Sir, its on the way".. I mailed them on 19th giving notice that if you won't deliver today, I will go legal. They didn't reply to this. My wife called them and asked furiously to deliver on the same day .. i.e. 19th . The SHOCKING REPLY WAS "WHAT WILL YOU DO OTHERWISE"?? (Nahito kya karenge)?

Now after calling their customer care, they are denying to commit a date to deliver. They gave delivery manager number, but I have tried many times, no one is picking up the call. I want to escalate this issue to high level.. because same incidence has happened with my relatives also with this courier service.

The assured date in their receipt is 16th may. Today is 24th. Their customer care executives are giving their facility address sometimes suggesting us to go and pick up/ which I think I will do. But how to deal with such kind of attitude? I want to go legal and ask refund and compensation for mental agony..

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. The courier service name is "Gati Courier"

First if possible, collect the goods and keep it in your possession. Keep all the written communications with you. There after you can send them a notice claiming compensation. If they don't pay the compensation, you can file a case.

You seem to have a good case based on your details.
Linkedin - https://in.linkedin.com/in/riteshmaity
Labour law blog - www.labourlawhub.com
Email - ritesh.k.maity***at***gmail.com
Phone - 91-983-667-9309

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »
first send a notice to the Gati near to your locality as well as from where it has been booked and their head office with a copy of postal/ consignment receipt. Explain your matter in details with date and phone calls timings. If they failed to reply or delivered the same, then you can also file consumer case with hefty compensation. It is pertinent to mention here that if you or receiver of the article/ consignment receives the same, you or that person must give date and time of receive. if possible, then take a complete mobile photo of the delivery sheet.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India