Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: File case on Step mother  (Read 718 times)

Offline devika

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
File case on Step mother
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:40:07 PM »
Hi I would like to know if can file a case on my husbands step mother, as she plays around with my husband and giving mental torture through my husband. Now my husband is in abroad and I am planning to go there in another two months for which she has taken my husbands mother along with her to stay with him for 1 week without even informing me about it.His mother is deff and dump and was staying in his step mother's daughter house and now as the step father passed away step mother lives with her daughter along with my husband's mother .My husbands sister did not get married but she goes around all places and happily enjoying her life leaving her mother . Step mother's son left her in  step daughters house itself and left abroad living with another wife. I am not sure on what is happening in step daughter house as my husband does not allow me to go ther and never takes me there. He started to ask for divorce before he left abroad but in between his mode changes again and will speak properly. We dont have kids still .Got married 8 years. His family did not worry about it at all but just would like to get the money from my husband and the property (house) of him.My husband does mental harrasement and try to be rude many times in phone which I identified that he recorded. My husband keeps telling everything including the bed time stories within us to his step daughter and her mother which really irritated me lots. My family members initiated to go for a check up on getting a baby which my husband makes use of it now and forces me to come abroad immediately leaving my job and sit at home. every day he irritates me and whatever he speaks with me records everything. Until now he never had a normal talk with me all these years.I am a divorcee and he is my second husband  who came to my house convinced them all and married me.Once I raised my words to stop threaten me and he kept silent and now he is using the opportunity that I am not coming to him to start the baby process which really irrirtates me lot. I am fed up of telling him often that I will be coming there in 3 months of time as I am trying to get the job in there. Meanwhile his family members particularly step mother does all the home made tricks to keep us apart and my husband goes along with her. If he comes home from abroad will run to see her saying that she is crying and she want himto be with him.I really dont understand all these. Above all once he raised hand on me for no reason when my mother is at home and called all my family members about it for which I did not reveal anything I understood that he is trying to make drama and keep me away from him.My mother is along with me now and planned to be with her even if I am with my husband.My mother is with me and my husband for 3 years until now he was behaving so weird now doing all dramas to keep me away from him and to stay with his step mother which I never stopped him on that . I can understand that the major issue is step mother as the step daughter can not keep my husbands mother and her mother together though they are sisters. What can i do now, I am frustrated and fed up of talkiing to my husband now and going to abroad to join with him as well .Not sure what is happening can anyone help on this matter or give suggestion what I can do to stop myself getting frustrated in life. My in laws family is doing mental harassment through my husband and I fee like go and beat them to the core which I can not even do and not able to quarrel as well which they are expecting.I want to know if I can raise case against step mother and her daughter if anything goes wrong with me and my husband and what will happen next and what all are expected before anything happens. Please advice.Tx

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: File case on Step mother
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 11:30:33 AM »
First you have to decide what you want to do; Continue the marital relationship or to end it. If the situation is intolerable for you then you have to leave your matrimonial home and have to lodge FIR against particular persons who have tortured you before police station. Otherwise you have to ask your husband to leave separately with you in another alternative accommodation.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline devika

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01:01 AM »
Thank you ...but the situation here is my husband is very sentimental on his step mother as he grown up with her. She acts to him in a way that he will never ever step over her even if she does any mistakes as well.Step mother and their family members are making using of this situation.Without she involving creates issues between me and my husband all the time. She did the same to her own son who left his wife after 35 years of marriage. Step mother is following the same trick now.Unable to do anything as my husbands family is expecting me to talk back to them so that they can start the case on filing against me.

Offline devika

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 12:07:31 AM »
Above all I am living alone with my husband , requested my mother to stay back with me as he tried to beat me for no reason once and called everyone in my family and spoke to them asking for sorry on what he did but never bothered or apologised to me on what he did. My husband's step daughter's husband came to my house with 2 people to look at home for selling but never bothered abouot informing me as well. All these dramas are really frustrating. I can not leave the house or discontinue the relationship as I can not do that right now . This is my second marriage and it is a first marriage with me for him.He came to my house convinced everyone and married me. Now he just want me to sit back home like a maiden and do all jobs for him where he never ever worried about my health issues as well if I get sick such like fever etc...but blames me that I am getting sick often. Thats the reason want to know if I can log case against the step mother and her family for doing mental torture , is there any section in law to file complain against them which I can be aware of.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 02:17:41 AM »
Dear Devika,

Your situation seems to be little complicated. You want to continue with the matrimonial relation at the same time you want to file case against your step mother. As i understand, your husband is more or less dependent on his step mother for keeping his mother with her and they share a good relation. I think under the circumstances as you are joining your husband abroad, please give sometime and see how your relation with your husband goes. I may not suggest filing any case against any one now as they may harm your relation with your husband.

Please try to ignore the things and try to be little more diplomatic in the relation with the step mother of your husband and other relatives as ultimately you have to work out the marriage. You have rightly said this is your second marriage and you wish to work out the marriage.

Legally you may file a domestic violence case against your step mother but that is not advisable now, if your marriage is not working then you may take such steps in future. I wish you all the best when you join your husband abroad and wish you a happy marriage life. Many time in life we have to learn to ignore things rather than taking everything to the heart and react on the same.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
From your contentions, I think you are still hesitating or confused or under dilemma for taking legal actions against your mother in laws. Let me tell you, whatever allegations you are alleging in respect of mental cruelty, all should be made out in  written properly otherwise your statements will be reverse to you as you are suffering from mental disorder/ phobia, once you failed to prove your allegations.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 02:58:23 AM »
Hi
You should file a case of domestic violence against your step mother as she is living in the same share household . Once you file the case, probably that itself will make her change her ways.

Of course there will be reverse consequences from your husband and his biological parents, which may cause ripples in your marital life. (it might not lead to a divorce though)
So,  take a cautious move.
legally you can file a domestic violence case against your step mother.
Rajgopal Sripathi
Mobile:9704772200
email:rajgopal@legalwin.in

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 03:03:23 AM »
Dear Ma'am,

As if now please don't do anything, please try to join the company of your husband and see how your matrimonial relation with your husband works out. If there is no improvement then you may take an option of filing of DV Case against step mother in law.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com

Offline devika

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 05:30:07 AM »
Thanks all.

I will wait and see the relationship with my husband but would like to know if any situation makes me to file a case against his step mother and daughter on domestic violence will he can file case against my mother who is staying with me for 3 years along with my husband as well.As he is abroad step mother is making use of this opportunity to leave me as divorcee but he never said anything for my mother to stay back home for 3 years until now.

Let me know.

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 10:14:27 PM »
Dear Devika,

As if now its very hard to say to file a case in future or not. Please wait and see how things goes and what kind of cause of action is there to file a case if things are not going are you want to.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India