Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Hindu Succession Law,Legal Heirs  (Read 615 times)

Offline s2k

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hindu Succession Law,Legal Heirs
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:07:08 AM »
My father died 17 years ago(1999) leaving behind his wife,2 minor sons and a mother and no will.He died in then state of Bihar,but his body was cremated in his native village in Bengal

My 70 year old grandmother refused any share of property or any partition orally.She died 2 years later in 2001 leaving behind 4 sons and daughter.During the two years she was alive her entire expenses were borne by us including the expenses for all rituals post her death.

My mother was a nominee in all his bank accounts,lockers,FDs and movable properties and has been transferred to my mother.

My father also held a property in another state Odisha which he bought from his own earning  which we now want to transfer to our name.We have a legal heir certificate from the Gram Panchayat and an affidavit issues by a 1st class magistrate on basis of that certificate which states that the legal heirs are me,my mother and my brother.Both the certificate and the affidavit were issued after my grandmother had passed away.Is there anything else that is needed to get the said property transferred in our names?If yes then what and how do we get it?Also is there anyone else who can claim to be a legal heir?Since my Grandmother is now dead and she never filed for any partition or succession or made any claim to any property that my father had.

All of three of us are presently residents of bengal.Our lawyer is of the opinion that since this is immovable property a succession certificate isnt required.

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Hindu Succession Law,Legal Heirs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »
Succession certificate is for movable property not immovable property.

Now that you have the legal heir certificate. Quickly get the mutation of the property done in all the legal heir's name.

Do not delay
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline s2k

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
Succession certificate is for movable property not immovable property.

Now that you have the legal heir certificate. Quickly get the mutation of the property done in all the legal heir's name.

Do not delay

Thank you for your kind answer.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 01:08:11 AM »
As per Hindu Succession, your uncles and aunt are also co-owner in respect of your father's immovable property. At the time of death of your father, his two sons, widow and mother became co-owners of the immovable property (IP) in respect of 1/4th undivided share each.

After passing of your grandmother, her 1/4th undivided share will be devolved upon her legal heirs i.e. 4 sons (uncles), 1 daughter (aunt), your mother and you. All of you will inherit her 1/4th share. It will be 1/24th undivided share.

You - 1/4th + 1/24th
your brother - 1/4th + 1/24th
Mother - 1/4th + 1/24th
Uncles and aunt - 1/24th each

Above is the present ratio/ fraction of ownership in respect of your father's IP.

Is there anything else that is needed to get the said property transferred in our names?If yes then what and how do we get it?
Ans: Nothing is required to get for claiming/ inheriting property. Legal Heir Certificate issued by panchayat is worthless and has no validity in the eye of law.

Also is there anyone else who can claim to be a legal heir?Since my Grandmother is now dead and she never filed for any partition or succession or made any claim to any property that my father had.
Ans: As said above, your uncles and aunt are also co-owner in respect of your father's IP in their respective undivided share.

All of three of us are presently residents of bengal. Our lawyer is of the opinion that since this is immovable property a succession certificate isnt required.
Ans: It is true, no certificate is required but your lawyer may be missed out the succession law as I discussed above. I am also a pratcising advocate from Kolkata.

For further clarification or consultation in details, you can contact me
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India