Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: property rights of grandson in grandfathers property  (Read 579 times)

Offline Ssingh07

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
property rights of grandson in grandfathers property
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:44:14 PM »
My Husband and his dad had estranged relationship. When my father in law passed away, we were not told about his demise. Anyways we made to the funeral and my husband being the eldest son performed the last rites. Now after some time my mother in law and brother in law told my husband that my father in law had disowned him before his death. My husband is not greedy about his property but we still tried our level best to mend our ties with the family. We called them but they won't pick our call. We also took our son to meet them but they were cold. They did no invite us to my sister in laws and brother in laws marriage as well. We moved abroad and after some years again tried to get in touch with them, but they stopped picking our calls after once. We now want to file a case for property as we find it very unfair on my mother in laws and my brother in laws behalf to cut ties with us in spite of our tries. My mother in law was a housewife all her life and my husband used t give his salary to her before we got married. Can we file a case on my sons behalf. Also can I take care of the legal part as my husband's job is very demanding and traveling to India can be difficult for him. Please suggest.

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: property rights of grandson in grandfathers property
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »
Nothing have you mentioned regarding the property, has there been a transfer of property after the father In laws death.

You husband giving is salary is a voluntary act you cannot demand that money back.

Than his mother can demand all the expenditure made by her till he was eligible.

To file a case which would be sustainable he gave to provide facts.

Has the father in law dis owned your husband legally
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline Ssingh07

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:44:59 AM »
We have no idea. When we visited them at the funeral of my father in law, my husband asked for a copy of ration card as we were planning to apply for abroad. At that time they told us that ur name is not in the ration card as he had disowned you. We never asked for any proof as we were very disheartened. Regarding the transfer of property, it may be transferred to my mother in law, but again we don't know. They don't tell us anything and the relatives also stopped talking to us as my mother in law stopped them.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 01:14:50 AM »
It is better to go for proper searching in respect of the property where your father in law stayed and confirm yourself that on whose name it's stands. If searching failed to give you proper answer then ask your husband to try his luck by filing a partition suit against all of them. You can handle the case on his behalf. Lets see what happens.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India