Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Child Visitation & Custody Law  (Read 381 times)

Offline mybrokenlife

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Child Visitation & Custody Law
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
Child Visitation & Custody Law

Offline mybrokenlife

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Child Visitation & Custody Law
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 01:19:45 AM »
I am a software professional. I and my wife separated due to financial reasons in 2010. My wife is house wife. We have 2 children ages 10 years and 8 years.  My wife started  living with her parents. In 2011  I again started visiting them and taking care of children expenses to some extent. In jan 2016 she stopped letting me to meet kids on a hot discussion on past time married life. So, I am living separated again away from kids. I not think wife much as we both tried alot to get along but we cannot. Section 9 I don't want as I don't want to be ruled by my wife. I do care for her somewhat So, I don't want to file for divorce also. 

I think next life is of children not us. So  I think about children very much and sometimes find myself guilty of their uncomfortable life. I cannot do much about this.  I cannot mess up with my wife as she have strong family history. My family is like no one with me as my parents left this world. In this whole scenario/situation I just want that I able to file petition for visitation to kids and later on their custody if they are not doing well in life with mother.

1. How much this thing can take in court ?
2. What are the estimates on the court fee and lawyer fee involved ?
3. What can be adverse legal things to this action of mine in court from my wife side in court ?
4. What is probability of success outcome of this thing ?

Please reply soon. Thanks

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:08:18 AM »
Dear Sir,

You may file a petition under guardianship and wards act seeking custody and visitation rights. It may be filed in the same district court, where children are residing as only the court where children are residing the jurisdiction of the court is made out.

Please file the petition along with interim application for visitation rights. It may take around six months for getting the visitation rights or may be little less. Further it really depends on the lawyer who is pursuing the case before the court.

Fee of the lawyer differs from lawyer to lawyer that you have to find out. Before filing the case please speak to your wife to allow you for visitation rights or else you may file  a petition for seeking visitation from the court. I hope this may help you, if not then file the petition.

Regards,
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 12:36:02 AM »
1. How much this thing can take in court ?
Ans: There is no quantity rather there is a provision of custody of your children under Guardian and Wards Act.

2. What are the estimates on the court fee and lawyer fee involved ?
Ans: Rs.10/- is the COurt Fee for such petition.

3. What can be adverse legal things to this action of mine in court from my wife side in court ?
Ans: She can file a maintenance case against you.

4. What is probability of success outcome of this thing ?
Ans: Probabilities depends of your present acts and deeds as well as how your advocate is performing. I did several cases in this regard and husband got custody of their children.

For further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
Hi

First you need to file for child custody under  Hindu Minority & Guardianship Act, 1956 (Applicable if you are hindu) OR Guardian & Wards Act, 1890(Applicable for other religions).

The supreme court in the case of ROXANN SHARMA V/S ARUN SHARMA, CIVIL APPEAL No. 1966 OF 2015, has stated that a father can be guardian of the property of the minor child but not the guardian of his person if the child is less than five years old.

The court also made the following comments: "The Court said that there can be no cavil that when a Court is confronted by conflicting claims of custody there are no rights of the parents which have to be enforced; the child is not a chattel or a ball that is bounced to and fro the parents. It is only the child's welfare which is the focal point for consideration. Parliament rightly thinks that the custody of a child less than five years of age should ordinarily be with the mother and this expectation can be deviated from only for strong reasons."

Coming to your other questions:
1)  Estimates on court fee: Court fee costs Rs10-/-. Lawyer fees depends on his standing in his profession.

2)  What can be adverse legal things to this action of mine in court from my wife side in court ?
Normally once you file a child custody petition, there will be counter cases filed against you by your wife under Domestic violence and Dowry cases. No worries as the courts now have issued guidelines to police and courts to resolve as much as possible through counselling and only if the conduct of the party warrants an arrest, should be arrested after following the guidelines.

3. What is probability of success outcome of this thing ?
We have stated the position of law. However , success outcome depends on many factors including your ability to earn and support the children's education, medical and other financial needs, mental and moral support that you can give the children etc. In case your wife is also contesting the custody with ferocity, the courts may ask the children their opinion too and shall decide the case only on what is best for children.  The courts when granting custody will only look at the best interests of the children.
Rajgopal Sripathi
Mobile:9704772200
email:rajgopal@legalwin.in

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India