Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Tenant not in India and agreement expired, how can family vacate?  (Read 678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Balaji K

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hello everyone. I am happy to see this Forum. Kindly help me on the below issue.
My sister's family is in Bangalore and their lease agreement had been made on my Brother-in-law's name in Dec 2012. The agreement was for 11 months and it got expired after that. No renewal was done after the expiration. Lessor had increased the rent amount twice so far and the family is paying rent regularly (Lessor has been giving receipts every month till now).

My brother-in-law has moved out of India in September 2015. Their family size has grown in size with children and due to that they are in need to shift to a bigger house. When my sister spoke to the Lessor, he told they cannot vacate the house now and he said my brother-in-law should sign in a document and the landlord issues some 'vacation certificate'. When my brother-in-law spoke, the Lessor said they need to give 3 months of notice (not mentioned in agreement), after which he is expecting my brother-in-law to come and sign in the documents to vacate the house.

I'm not sure if there is such thing called a vacation certificate. My brother-in-law cannot afford the travel expenses to come to India only for signing the document. Please advise how to proceed further.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Tenant not in India and agreement expired, how can family vacate?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
Your situation has not been properly explained but as far as I have understood ask your brother to send some authorizing letter  or GPA to you and send a eviction notice giving them a 15 days to vacate. After that a Eviction suit is required to be filed.

For further clarifications and consultation in details you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India