Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Evict tenant from a rented non-residential property owned by senior citizen  (Read 821 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline neo89

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi Friends,

We are from punjab,jalandhar.
My father( a senior citizen) owns a non-residential property which was let out to a tenant back in 1980. As you would know already,there was no rental agreement signed in those days. We seek eviction of the tenant from that property on the grounds that we want to use the property to set up a business. Also, the tenant has not paid rent from the past 1 year and the property is no longer used by the tenant, he has locked it.
Can these be used as grounds for eviction? Would it be worth to fight for this in the court?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:11:07 AM by neo89 »

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 228
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
If you go by law file an eviction suit.

Else just take physical possession right away.
The latter is the easy way out.

Eviction suit will take a long time.

Choice is yours.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Taking possession by breaking lock and key will be risk at later stage. Tenant can file a criminal case against you under provisions of theft, trespassing etc. I have handled this type of situation in my legal career. So, it is better to wait 2 years and get order from court rather to suffer sleepless night for criminal cases.

You have good ground to file eviction case and I am sure you will get order accordingly. But please make a general diary before local police station about the situation of tenant that he left the tenanted place by locking the same.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India