Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Local criminals sending thousands of fake mails to police  (Read 198 times)

Offline Eric Easter

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Local criminals sending thousands of fake mails to police
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »
Around 15-20 local criminals opened a fake email account in the name of my friend and they are using that email account to send 8-10 vulgar threat emails to high-ranking district police officers using my friend's name and other details. They are also mentioning daily events from my friend's life to increase the credibility of the emails. For instance, as they can know who is coming to my friend's house, what is happening in my friend's house etc. they are mentioning those details in the emails to increase the credibility of the emails. This is happening daily. If the cops arrest my friend, will it be a problem for my friend defending himself in court due to the huge volume of emails (at least 750) and the mentions of true events? The IP addresses will never match as they are using their devices for sending the emails and they are not educated enough to know about IP address.

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Local criminals sending thousands of fake mails to police
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 08:17:21 AM »
Technically, if the account is opened in your friend's name, then it is possible for the police to track your friend first and also map his IP Address.
So, your friend will be in trouble initially needing to defend that the mails were not sent from him.
only after the further enquiry, police will be able to track the real culprits.
so the best option would be for your friend to visit the Police station and lodge a complaint of fake email account being opened and also be open and candid to the police station on the mails that are allegedly sent from his account.
if your friend is aware that a fake email account has been opened , but not lodged a complaint, it will be tough for him to defend himself with such serious offences being done using his fake email ID.
Rajgopal Sripathi

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India