Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Change in building plan by builder without consent.  (Read 458 times)

Offline VijayManiyar

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Change in building plan by builder without consent.
« on: July 16, 2016, 02:40:18 AM »
Had booked a flat about 1.5 yrs ago. The plan was for a 5 storey building. The slabs of the 5 floors was constructed during that time along with the walls.Based on the plan got a loan sanctioned. But later the builder applied for permission to make the building 12 storey. Due to this the project has got delayed. Now he has got permission and will start the construction from 6th storey. He did not take our consent while changing the plan. The possession date has passed and it will take around another 1 to 2 years for the project to get completed.Can i get compensation from the builder for this

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Change in building plan by builder without consent.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »
You do not have right to interfere in the construction rather I will say you should not poke your nose in the construction. It is between the landlord and developer. You have only option to ask promoter/ developer to change your allocated flat on the higher stored if you wish to go.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rajgopal sripathi

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »
Hi
you need to look in to the contents of your builder buyer agreement(BBA) or Agreement of sale(AOS) before you decide on next course of action

If in the BBA/AOS the builder has promised you possession with in a stipulated time and then did not deliver flat to you in the specified time, then it is deficiency of service as defined in Section 2(1)(g) in the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and you can pursue the case against the builder in Consumer Dispute Redressal commission/Forum(consumer courts).

Another point to note is that all flats come with an Undivided share of land. Assuming that the land is 600 square feet and there are 6 flats in it, each of the flat will get 100 square feet as undivided share of land. In your case, since at the time of booking the builder has promised to construct 5 floors and now he is planning to construct 12 floors, the Undivided share of land would have diluted by almost 100%. So you need to engage a lawyer to understand the impact of new plan to construct 12 floors on your BBA/AOS and then decide on the next steps.
Hope this helps
Rajgopal Sripathi
Mobile:9704772200
email:rajgopal@legalwin.in

Offline VijayManiyar

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:36:33 AM »
You do not have right to interfere in the construction rather I will say you should not poke your nose in the construction. It is between the landlord and developer. You have only option to ask promoter/ developer to change your allocated flat on the higher stored if you wish to go.

Why do I not have the right to interfere. The Builder signed a contract with me that the buiding is 6 floors and i will get possession on the said date.I have taken a loan amount and now the flat possession is delayed because of the change in plan. Shouldnt i be compensated for this. Shouldnt the builder taken my consent before making chamges to the plan.

Offline VijayManiyar

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 02:37:40 AM »
Hi
you need to look in to the contents of your builder buyer agreement(BBA) or Agreement of sale(AOS) before you decide on next course of action

If in the BBA/AOS the builder has promised you possession with in a stipulated time and then did not deliver flat to you in the specified time, then it is deficiency of service as defined in Section 2(1)(g) in the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and you can pursue the case against the builder in Consumer Dispute Redressal commission/Forum(consumer courts).

Another point to note is that all flats come with an Undivided share of land. Assuming that the land is 600 square feet and there are 6 flats in it, each of the flat will get 100 square feet as undivided share of land. In your case, since at the time of booking the builder has promised to construct 5 floors and now he is planning to construct 12 floors, the Undivided share of land would have diluted by almost 100%. So you need to engage a lawyer to understand the impact of new plan to construct 12 floors on your BBA/AOS and then decide on the next steps.
Hope this helps

Thanks Rajgopal, will look into the points mentioned by you..Again thanks for your advice

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India