Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Apartment Car Park Query  (Read 964 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline VidhyaR

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Apartment Car Park Query
« on: July 18, 2016, 02:38:41 AM »
We own an apartment for the last 10 years on the 4th floor of a 10 storey building and were allotted a closed car park by the builder for which we paid. The car park is shorter than the car and our rear end of the car always has bird droppings and damaged by drainage leaks. So after discussing with the registered Residents association, we built a small temporary extension of 3 ft (sheets over a steel support structure) just about the car park on the external wall which does not hinder the driveway in anyway. But after constructing the same, one of the residents complained that it was not a legal construction. Please advise if that is true.

Offline rajgopal sripathi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 279
  • Karma: +15/-19
  • Welcome to Legal Win Consulting LLP
    • View Profile
    • Legal Win Consulting LLP
Re: Apartment Car Park Query
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:22:22 PM »

Technically you will need permission from municipal authorities for any construction/Extension  that is either grounded to earth or appended to the columns/beams of a building.

In your case, it looks like you have fastened steel to the columns and extended the beam of the building by about 3 feet which technically qualifies for obtaining permission from municipal authorities.

However if if is a temporary extension to protect from bird droppings and from drainage leaks and the same not being  used for habitation, then it appears to us that you do not need to obtain permission from municipal authorities.
A temporary structure can be dismantled should the Municipal authorities object to the same(normally at the time of property tax assessment building inspectors do visit and inspect buildings regularly in most of southern states) and will inform you if the temporary structure has to be demolished or regularized. So you need to check with your building inspector when he comes for property tax assessment.

Also i presume you have the permission from resident's association in writing for erecting a temporary extension.

Hope this helps.
Rajgopal Sripathi

Offline VidhyaR

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Apartment Car Park Query
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »
Thank you very much, Sir. Appreciate your prompt reply.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Apartment Car Park Query
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:30:57 AM »
Ignore is the best advice. In the mean time try to make an approval from PResident/ Secretary of the Apartment Association in respect of such construction.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India