Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Daughters right on Grandparents property  (Read 685 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Deepa

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Daughters right on Grandparents property
« on: July 19, 2016, 09:46:39 AM »

We r 3 sisters and 2 brothers.My father died before 2004. Does the daughters get equal right
on grandfathers property ??

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Daughters right on Grandparents property
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
Yes, all of them have equal rights on the property but as per new rulings of apex court daughter has no right to claim partition in respect of dwelling house

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Aparagithan

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Daughters right on Grandparents property
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:53:37 AM »
You mean dwelling house, cause of those brothers has no other property and they has to live there? what if the house is about to sale OR what if the house was damaged and so no one can live there so everyone lives on rented houses and some of them owns a house..
                                         Brothers wife's properties are sold which was written on their name thats fine and they sold it. So they have equal or more than equal economical balance from us.
Now my grandma one of two sister has no property in her name now. She had sold very precious property for goodness of those two brothers when she was minor for Which we dont know the exact document no.We just knew the area name and thats worth quads the value of the property currently im talking about.

So in this stage. will grandma can claim her right In her fathers property? How can i get that documents of more than 90 years old? Or No need of that to claim rights of current issue, about grandma's right.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India